ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Demmie
Newly Registered

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by Demmie » Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 am

hi Demmie, you can ask me any question here as others in our shoes around our region may benefit from it, i got all the help i used right on this forum but as rightly pointed out, email address is a private info and ist allowed openly. you can said me a private mail still in this forum if you will prefer that. all is for our security.
thanks[/quote]

Thanks Keji for the response. Seeing that you applied from Nigeria, just wanted to know what the process is like as a friend of mine is of the opinion that I come to the UK to apply

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Mon May 16, 2016 11:22 am

Demmie wrote:hi Demmie, you can ask me any question here as others in our shoes around our region may benefit from it, i got all the help i used right on this forum but as rightly pointed out, email address is a private info and ist allowed openly. you can said me a private mail still in this forum if you will prefer that. all is for our security.
thanks

Thanks Keji for the response. Seeing that you applied from Nigeria, just wanted to know what the process is like as a friend of mine is of the opinion that I come to the UK to apply[/quote]

really i dont know if applying from the UK will be faster if its an oversea application, i wanted to do that too but my lawyer advice me against it,
i will tell u what i notice though,they sent message across to me inform of letters which always take eternity to reach me in this days of email, if not that i was up and doing tracking my application, it would have being cancelled. having said that, applying from the UK may be faster but i have found out the passport office can be unnecessarily strict because this will be the second time i am passing through them and believe me am talking from experience. if they ask you for additional document or want to clarify some info with you,the response maybe something you can only provide from Nigeria because that's where you are based.except you have an history not more than the last 12 months in the UK, FOR INSTANCE, i ALREADY SUBMITTED EVIDENCE OF ADDRESS with my application,yet they want something else within the last 12 months.
and i believe the challenge started because my application was delivered within the UK, they kept asking me by what means did i submit my application. (i DHL it to my counter-signatory who in turn sent it to Durham on my behalf). they wanted to prove beyond reasonable doubt why all my document is oversea yet submission is from within.
so you can do it from Nigeria and give them exactly what they want without any oversight ,make sure every supporting documents are within the last 12months and wait,
or you can apply in the uk and be prepare for further scrutiny if it comes. they are just unpredictable despite my citizenship certificate,
after i scaled through the address evidence stuff, my application was under observation for some time again - reason certificate is undergoing verification, after this now they are waiting for their oversea team to confirm other things even though they stated clearly that they are satisfy with there uk checks.
so the choice is really yours to make

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Mon May 16, 2016 4:07 pm

@keji, thanks so much for your detailed explanation.....however I will like to ask that for submission in Nigeria, do u reckon that the application be sent through VFS or what do you think?

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Demmie wrote:@keji, thanks so much for your detailed explanation.....however I will like to ask that for submission in Nigeria, do u reckon that the application be sent through VFS or what do you think?
Nothing to do with vfs.u are a citizen and you deal with the home office and passport office directly. The embassy can not even attend to u .all passport application is with the passport office.So you dhl it directly to Durham, it take 3days and its secured.

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Mon May 16, 2016 7:52 pm

[/quote]

Nothing to do with vfs.u are a citizen and you deal with the home office and passport office directly. The embassy can not even attend to u .all passport application is with the passport office.So you dhl it directly to Durham, it take 3days and its secured.[/quote]

@Keji,

i thought the application is supposed to be sent to Liverpool? Durham is quite confusing to me. Then did you have to submit your dad's registration certificate or expired passports or his birth certificate alone sufficed?

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Tue May 17, 2016 9:35 am

Demmie wrote:
Nothing to do with vfs.u are a citizen and you deal with the home office and passport office directly. The embassy can not even attend to u .all passport application is with the passport office.So you dhl it directly to Durham, it take 3days and its secured.[/quote]

@Keji,

i thought the application is supposed to be sent to Liverpool? Durham is quite confusing to me. Then did you have to submit your dad's registration certificate or expired passports or his birth certificate alone sufficed?[/quote]

which are you applying for? maybe am mixing things up here, ukf application is to liverpool
passport to durham.
for ukf, my application was straight forward even to the biometrics. i sent everything i have of him and it was all returned safely.reg cert and passports

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 pm

hi ,
please do we have ukf-first british passport application timeline or process somewhere in the forum or all of us just disappeared after our citizenship success? i did my interview yesterday and i will like to share my experience

thanks

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 am

keji wrote:hi ,
please do we have ukf-first british passport application timeline or process somewhere in the forum or all of us just disappeared after our citizenship success? i did my interview yesterday and i will like to share my experience

thanks
Congrats Keji, how did it go?

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Sun May 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Congrats Keji, how did it go?[/quote]

Hello Keji, please send me a private message. cant send you one as i am still a newbie

Cloverbea

Post by Cloverbea » Tue May 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Hubby has been approved for his UKM!!
Short Summary:
US citizen applied from the US in September 2015,
Came to the UK March 2016 to do biometrics and holiday...and hopefully finish this process...
several emails later we received email today asking where to send his documents as his application was being considered.....signed WITH A TELEPHONE NUMBER!!!!! So we called back and she stated he was good to go, with an interview being schedulued within a couple of weeks!!! Last email I sent was a week ago stating we were only in the country until the end of July and we needed the process done....email and phone call today!!!

wadiki2
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi guys im wadiki from the earlier posts ive forgotten my password so i had to make a new account and modify my name. Anyways i had submitted my application in June of last year and in October of the same year i received a delay in biometrics facilities in the U.S letter. almost a year later on the 27 of may i received an email requesting i submit biometrics at a preferred USCIS (ASC) which i made a date for on the 7th of june. ironically a week before they replied to my email saying they hope it would be up and running soon but had no date when it will be operational. So for the future U.S applicants you will now be able to enroll in the u.s! yayyy!!!!! mine came at a loss but at least things are now moving. hope my application will be approved... ill update you all! good luck

Fulgrun
Newly Registered

Post by Fulgrun » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 pm

wadiki2 wrote:Hi guys im wadiki from the earlier posts ive forgotten my password so i had to make a new account and modify my name. Anyways i had submitted my application in June of last year and in October of the same year i received a delay in biometrics facilities in the U.S letter. almost a year later on the 27 of may i received an email requesting i submit biometrics at a preferred USCIS (ASC) which i made a date for on the 7th of june. ironically a week before they replied to my email saying they hope it would be up and running soon but had no date when it will be operational. So for the future U.S applicants you will now be able to enroll in the u.s! yayyy!!!!! mine came at a loss but at least things are now moving. hope my application will be approved... ill update you all! good luck
Wow! Tremendous news Wadiki! Thanks for posting this. There is hope for me yet.

tealcosmo
Newly Registered

Post by tealcosmo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:30 pm

Interesting Result....
I sent in the UKF, got Biometrics done in Canada (I'm from US) on 5/15, and then just got a letter back from HO yesterday:

"Thank you for your application... From the information you provided, it appears that you are a British Citizen under 2(1)(a) of the British Nationality act 1981" (Which means citizen by descent)
"Production of your full birth certificate, your father's UK Birth Certificate, and your parents Marriage certificate will normally be sufficient to establish British Citizenship for all ordinary purposes, such as applying for a British passport.... Arrangements are being made to refund £80 to yourself, in anticipation of your attendance at a citizenship ceremony."

So... does that mean that I go to the consulate and do a citizenship ceremony? Do I simply apply for a passport with the paperwork mentioned above? Has anyone else had this happen?

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:11 am

Demmie wrote:Congrats Keji, how did it go?
Hello Keji, please send me a private message. cant send you one as i am still a newbie[/quote]

hi demmie, sorry its being awhile. my interview took more than an hour, i was drilled questions only someone suspicious can be asked. in short, i was asked to defend my registration certificate.i left there angry and confused and up till now almost 3weeks, i still dont have my passport.

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:31 pm

keji wrote:
Hello Keji, please send me a private message. cant send you one as i am still a newbie

hi demmie, sorry its being awhile. my interview took more than an hour, i was drilled questions only someone suspicious can be asked. in short, i was asked to defend my registration certificate.i left there angry and confused and up till now almost 3weeks, i still dont have my passport.[/quote]

@ Keji,

This is very annoying. I can only imagine....But is there anyone going through this type of issue maybe they can advise. Then maybe you should try to speak with your solicitor probably he/she will be able to help. But really what do they mean by defending your registration certificate? Weren't they the ones that sent it to you through the High commission in Nigeria????? this is really a serious issue. Or better still send them an email.

I can only imagine how unhappy you are at the moment.

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Demmie wrote:
keji wrote:

hi demmie, sorry its being awhile. my interview took more than an hour, i was drilled questions only someone suspicious can be asked. in short, i was asked to defend my registration certificate.i left there angry and confused and up till now almost 3weeks, i still dont have my passport.
@ Keji,

This is very annoying. I can only imagine....But is there anyone going through this type of issue maybe they can advise. Then maybe you should try to speak with your solicitor probably he/she will be able to help. But really what do they mean by defending your registration certificate? Weren't they the ones that sent it to you through the High commission in Nigeria????? this is really a serious issue. Or better still send them an email.

I can only imagine how unhappy you are at the moment.[/quote]

well, i have mailed , mailed and mailed. called, called and called. in short i v constitute a nuisance cos they have refused to reply my last 2 mails. it will b 4 months exactly in 3 days time that i submitted my application.i v given up.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Starting a time line.

May 17, 2016 - UKM form sent via USPS First Class. Return envelope included, with no postage.
June 14, 2016 - Credit card debited for fee.

tealcosmo
Newly Registered

Post by tealcosmo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Just because timelines are interesting and useful for some:

UKF Delivered to HO 6 Nov
Fee Deducted 20 November
-Never heard anything-
Emailed HO 22 Mar
Received Response 15 Apr ('Application on hold for biometrics')
Emailed NationalityBiometricsOverseas@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for enrollment form - 15 Apr
Received Enrollment Form - 18 Apr
Biometrics Appointment - 17 May, Vancouver
Received Letter (and my identity paperwork returned) stating apparent Citizenship by Descent 9 Jun '16
Applied Online for Passport 12 Jun.
(Haven't yet sent paperwork to Passport Office)

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 pm

a_powers wrote:Starting a time line.

May 17, 2016 - UKM form sent via USPS First Class. Return envelope included, with no postage.
June 21, 2016 - Biometric letter advising me to set up an appointment at a Application Support Centre in the USA using an email address they provided.

Char
Newly Registered

Post by Char » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:32 am

Finally starting my own timeline :) Needed my passport for some administrative stuff so had to sit on my application for 3 months.

Application sent in June 20, 2016 from Paris, Fr. Jamaican citizen.

wadiki2
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki2 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 am

Char wrote:Finally starting my own timeline :) Needed my passport for some administrative stuff so had to sit on my application for 3 months.

good luck char! i too am a Jamaican citizen but my application is going on a year now because i live in the u.s so ive been following up on this thread since then. thankfully things started moving now.. but i reckon you'll have 0 problems in your application as you're applying from France assuming your documents are correct. hope we will all be successful in the end.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:21 pm

June 21, 2016 - Biometric letter advising me to set up an appointment at a Application Support Centre in the USA using an email address they provided.
June 28, 2016 - Biometrics completed.

Char
Newly Registered

Post by Char » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

Update:

Fee deducted June 27,2016.
Received acknowledgement email June 29, 2016.

Hi Wadiki2, hope things are moving along on your end. Best of luck also. I'm biting my nails this goes smoothly, and also fairly disappointed about the brexit news. Hoping they don't follow through, or at least that they maintain freedom of movement.

Demmie
Newly Registered

Post by Demmie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Hello everyone......as anyone had issues with applying for the British passport as regards supporting documents especially those applying on the UKF platform. My mum isn't alive anymore and i don't have her passport as at the time of my conception. I have a feeling that since I applied under the UKF platform it shouldn't have anything to do with my mum! or what do you people think? I hope someone is in the same shoe as I am.

@ Keji, whats the update with your passport application? I'm hoping you would have gotten it by now!

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:21 am

Demmie wrote:Hello everyone......as anyone had issues with applying for the British passport as regards supporting documents especially those applying on the UKF platform. My mum isn't alive anymore and i don't have her passport as at the time of my conception. I have a feeling that since I applied under the UKF platform it shouldn't have anything to do with my mum! or what do you people think? I hope someone is in the same shoe as I am.

@ Keji, whats the update with your passport application? I'm hoping you would have gotten it by now!

Hi Demmie.
I don't think you need ur mum"s documents when apllyong through ukf.
And no,I still haven't gotten my passport :(