ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in India- father ILR mother PBS dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hariroja
Newly Registered

Baby born in India- father ILR mother PBS dependent

Post by hariroja » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello,
I'm a settlement visa holder and my wife has pbs dependent visa till October 2017 and eligible for ILR in Jan 2019. We are trying to applying visa for my baby just born in India. What is the visa type I should apply for?

can you please suggest me correct route is it PBS dependent inline with mother or settlement dependent for both wife and baby?

I am really confused what should I apply now? is anyone came across the same situation? please help me out what needs to be done ?

is it 100% sure I can go for PBS dependent for baby?

Many Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born in India- father ILR mother PBS dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I have split your post to your own topic. It is considered rude to tag questions onto other members topics.

If you got ILR through PBS migrant route with 5 years residence, then you apply for PBS dependent visa for your child and it will be granted in line with the mother.

If you got ILR based on long residence, then it is a different process.

Baby would have been British automatically if born in the UK if you hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hariroja
Newly Registered

Post by hariroja » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:38 pm

thanks for your reply... apologies for posting it in another post. sorry for that.

I got ILR based on Tier 1 general with 5 years stay.So,I need to apply PBS dependent for baby same as wife?

And also in VFS site what I should select
If is select work as reason for visit, the visa type can only be selected as Tier 1 General Dependent and subtype as Dependent chid?

Please advise..

Many Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:42 pm

hariroja wrote:I got ILR based on Tier 1 general with 5 years stay.So,I need to apply PBS dependent for baby same as wife? Yes, PBS Dependent, same as what your wife is on.

And also in VFS site what I should select
If is select work as reason for visit, the visa type can only be selected as Tier 1 General Dependent and subtype as Dependent chid? Yes
You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge before you submit/apply as you need the IHS Reference number for the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hariroja
Newly Registered

Post by hariroja » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks for your quick response.

Fund maintenance
if I apply visa from India then what could be fund maintenance to support myself + wife + kid
945+630+630 ?

Please advice.

Many Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:23 am

It is a bit more if applying outside the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)