ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srin_1981
Newly Registered

MN1 clarification

Post by srin_1981 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Hello All

I have read the FAQ, but still need some clarifications.

My ILR appointment due in 2 days, i have not included UK born 3 years old son in ILR application, planning to apply naturalization/registration(whatever) via MN1 after we receive ILR.

I have following clarifications.

1. Am I following the correct process towards naturalization for UK born son ?

2. My UK born son has his Tier 2 visa valid until Feb 2017. Can he travel with us(both parents and his big brother will be having their ILR ) before he get his naturalization done?

3. Does his or parents passport/BR card remains with home office during his MN1 application process?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance...

Saga

Re: MN1 clarification

Post by Saga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:52 pm

1. Am I following the correct process towards naturalization for UK born son ?
Yes
2. My UK born son has his Tier 2 visa valid until Feb 2017. Can he travel with us(both parents and his big brother will be having their ILR ) before he get his naturalization done?
I have called the H.O. quite a number of times , spoke to diff. people and got different answers. They are not sure about this and as a precaution better not to travel.
3. Does his or parents passport/BR card remains with home office during his MN1 application process?
if you use the council NCS service, they return all the original docs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 pm

2. If you get ILR based on Tier 2 with 5 years residence, then you child(ren) are free to travel as long as they have a valid visa to return. If you are applying for ILR based on long residence, suggest delay travel till MN1 complete.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks Saga / CR001.