ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Bank Account

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goerge123
Newly Registered

Dependant Bank Account

Post by goerge123 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:08 am

Dears,
Regarding Tier 4 visa, can I bring my partner (husband) to the UK depending on one bank account, with considering the following facts:
• My partner does not have a bank account.
• Me (the main applicant), I have a joint bank account with my father.

If it's possible to depend on the above mentioned bank account which is classified as joint account with my father, where can I find a reference for this point ?

Thank you,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Bank Account

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:52 am

Yes.

Appendix C, paragraph 1B(a)(iii)(1)_iii confirms

1B. In all cases where Appendix C or Appendix E states that an applicant is required to provide specified documents, the specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:
(iii) The statements must clearly show:
(1) the name of:
_i. the applicant,
_ii the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian’s name, if the applicant is applying as Tier 4 Migrant,
_iii. the name of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, if the applicant is applying as a Partner or Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, or
_iii. the name of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, if the applicant is applying as a Partner or Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, ...

Re a joint account, the PBS Dependant Policy Guidance, para 71 confirms

71. If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you, the main applicant, or (for children) your other parent who is legally present in the United Kingdom, must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual(s).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

goerge123
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Bank Account

Post by goerge123 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:12 am

Thanks, this helps