ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-enter UK after Tier5 YMS visa expired?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kayla0102
Newly Registered

Re-enter UK after Tier5 YMS visa expired?

Post by kayla0102 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello there,

I had done lots of research and seem a lot people had experienced some difficult when they re-entering UK.

My YMS visa is going to expire on 18 August, I already booked my flight to back to my country Hong Kong at 17 August to ensure I am not overstaying in UK.
However I am planning to come back to UK around 21 September as I got a wedding to attend on 24 September, and would like to stay in UK for a short while till end of December just to spent time with my boyfriend in here.

So my question is... can I re-enter again as a visitor?

If yes, I understand that the custom will ask me a lots question, as I just got back to my hometown for month and get back in UK.
But would that help if I can provide the wedding invitation letter and the invitation letter from my boyfriend to proof that I will be staying with him during my stay in UK?
Also maybe some train ticket and hotel booking confirmation to proof my travelling in UK.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-enter UK after Tier5 YMS visa expired?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Might be an issue if you are also planning on applying for a Tier 2 G soon after leaving the UK.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1358416
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kayla0102
Newly Registered

Post by kayla0102 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:06 pm

It is depending on my tire2 visa, if I can successfully then I will come back to UK under my tier 2 visa. However if I can't get a tire2 visa then i will be come back under a visitor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 pm

If you apply for a Tier 2 and are refused, you will have difficulty re-entering the UK as the refusal will be on the system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kayla0102
Newly Registered

Post by kayla0102 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:14 am

Hi There,

What if the situation is I didn't apply for the Tier 2 visa and just want to come back visiting after my Tier 5 expired?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 am

You can expect to be questioned on arrival and possibly refused entry given that you would have recently left on a Tier 5 YMS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)