ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Employment Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhoward
Newly Registered

EU1 Employment Question

Post by dhoward » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 am

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the EU1 application process. Maybe someone here has experienced this particular problem in the past or recently and can help me out with some information.

I have applied for the EU1 residence card. I have been given the temporary stamp and am currently waiting for the decision on the 5 year stamp. From what I have read on this forum there are delays of a couple of months with the 5 year stamp. I've already passed the 6 month date and now I'm assuming I have couple more months to go. My question is what do I do if I'm employed when my temporary gnib card runs out. Do I need to quit my job and sit around for another couple of months being unemployed or can I still legally work while I wait for the decision to be made?

I tried contacting inis a couple of times and they will never give me any information on how far behind they are on applications. When I asked if I could still legally work after my stamp 4 expires they told me I can write them back when it expires. That seems a bit ridiculous to me as I would need to know ahead of time so I am not illegally employed.

I sat around for 3 months jobless while I waited for the temporary stamp and then spent months on end looking for a job. I really don't want to have to quit my job and be jobless during the delay and then have to spend another few months job hunting. That's like a year of being out of work. This process is such a nightmare.

Thanks for any help!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU1 Employment Question

Post by broli » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Do I need to quit my job and sit around for another couple of months being unemployed or can I still legally work while I wait for the decision to be made?// well i was in a similar situation back 2012 but it last just 3 days . The company wouldn't understand so i asked a full week holidays hoping the letter will come indeed i got the letter 2 days late. You will have to talk to HR because there;s no rule here it really depends on companies because it is all greay . Goodluck anyway

dhoward
Newly Registered

Post by dhoward » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:34 pm

ok, thanks for the info!

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 am

go to GNIB and make sure take your wife with you and carry your letter from justice and expired stamp4 card
they will give you temporary visa so that you keep your job while your application in process.if they dont just talk to their supervisor dont think it will be hard
hope it helps
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

dhoward
Newly Registered

Post by dhoward » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks again for the added input.

I've been informed that I might be able to get an extended temp stamp from someone who works in an organization that deals with immigration.

I've repeatedly tried to contact INIS by email to ask them if this is possible but they have completely stopped answering my emails and are ignoring me. I have wrote them quite a few times in the past and they always got back to me within a few hours. I am super unhappy with this whole situation. My question is very simple and it takes them a minute to take the time to reply.

I guess I can try going in person. Is there a customer service desk I can go to for this type of question or do I have to take a number and wait 8 hours?