ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help Please :(

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

igoritoo
Newly Registered

Need Help Please :(

Post by igoritoo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello guys, I am a newbie here in forum, and the purpose of me to join in this forum, is to learn a thing and much more about the beautiful country of Ireland.

But i am in desperate needed help.

Me and my girlfriend are together for 3 years now,

Im from Latvia
she is from Philippines

Since am Europen, i dont need any visa nor any permit to work here.

My girlfriend around 7-8 years ago came to ireland with her family, and approx 5 years ago they left, and my girlfriend stayed here as a student visa, but her visa has expired since. She has worked here illegal since.

But am in desperate need help of how can we get married? or even to sort papers out before marriage.

Im even willing to change my passport to irish passport. alt ought i have already considered to change it before just never had that 1000 euro to pay off ,already been living since 2005.

What would be our steps to sort this out? As i really do not want her to get deported while we are applying for marriage papers.

My details are here:

Nationality: Latvia
living in ireland for 11 years
just finished Science of Bachelor degree
in 3 months time am planning to move out from parents house
Not working at the moment, still looking for work

My girlfriend:

Nationality: Phillipines
Illegal here for approx 5 years
Used to have Student Visa
Her parents never closed their visas when their left

What are the chances that we can succefully get papers for her?

And what are our steps to do such thing? Will it be complicated?

I hope someone can give some guidelines towards our situation

Thank you Guys.

Have a nice day

noajthan

Re: Need Help Please :(

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Not sure how easy for you to marry in Eire. Seems to be some sort of crackdown going on in Eire.

Even if you become Irish see:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024#Top

You may be better off under EU rules...

If you can marry 'somewhere' in the world (Palawan, Boracay, Cebu or ??) then spouse can return with you as her sponsor under EU free movement rights.

Adverse immigration history should not be a factor as your wife will be your direct family member under EU law.
As long as you exercise treaty rights by working (etc) your wife can reside, work (even study) there with you.

Get up to speed on free movement here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

For Ireland also see: http://www.movetoireland.com/movepag/papnoneuspouse.htm

Mabuhay and good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

igoritoo
Newly Registered

Post by igoritoo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Wow, what a reliable and quick reply you have given, Thank you so much for your information, i will defiantly read the content.

Thank you Sir,

I hope many more would reply with any more information. I would greatly appreciate it

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:24 am

i don't know why would you not be allowed to get married? you love each other and the relation is genuine so do not worry go ahead and get married mate and her visa would be sorted too as well as you for life ;) good luck.
I am because we are.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:41 am

one2three wrote:i don't know why would you not be allowed to get married? you love each other and the relation is genuine so do not worry go ahead and get married mate and her visa would be sorted too as well as you for life ;) good luck.
The gf has had no status in Eire for 5 years or more.
She may face deportation if she makes herself known to the authorities and attempts to request a marriage licence.

The authorities have got new powers in the past year or so and Operation Vantage is ongoing.
At the very least the Registrar will have to be convinced it is not a marriage of convenience.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.