ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rude behavior fromimmigration officer. Need Advise

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Rude behavior fromimmigration officer. Need Advise

Post by ghulammemon198 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello,

Me and my wife visited the immigration office in Portlaoise to get the outstanding visa(3 and half year),as previously they stamped my old passport for 1 and half year due to passport expiration in April 2015. I lost my passport while we were on holidays and made a new passport from Pakistan embassy London in June 2015 by submitting police report. First, she (immigration officer) started the drama about our activities in the state. I recently started working as a self employed, but not registered yet. My wife is self employed from last 2 years, tax returns are due this October, we provided her bank statement to see our activities and income, she said, " I DONT ACCEPT BANK STATEMENTS". I need activity, some letter from Tesco, if you are shopping from Tesco or other retailers, or church letter, or gym letter". Now, she can easily check our statement to see our activities in Ireland. How to get a letter from Tesco to mention We are their customers. Its ridiculous. In the end, we agreed to submit GP letters in our next visit. Second, she created issues for our self employed status. She directly said, why you are not working, (IT WOULD BE EASY TO SHOW YOUR ACTIVITIES, IF YOU CAN GET LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER). We had revenue letters, bank statements and enough savings to live in the state for around 2 year. but again no concern to view our bank statements and questioned my wife self employment activities. She is a freelance academic writer. Now such self employment is not really popular in Ireland, but it does not mean to react in such a way. Third, we were away for around 5 months again she said " YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO TRAVEL FOR 2 MONTHS, YOUR CARD CAN BE REVOKED". I harsly mentioned the EU DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC Reference and top of this new IRISH REGULATIONS 2015 DEC. She become silent and ignored my answer. She stamped my passport for 1 month ( Temporary stamp) and said I am going for holidays, we will meet again on 18th July and argued to bring 1 YEAR INVOICES AND GP LETTERS. We have no problem in providing these documents, but she is delaying in stamping my passport, unnecessary requirements. I would like to ask if it would be possible to bring immigration solicitor to represent us in front of her, as it is common in US? I don't know if its common in Ireland? If it is possible. We will try to take immigration solicitor services, because, I am not really in a position to argue again and to beg to stamp my passport.