ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US immigration questions

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mr101google
Newly Registered

US immigration questions

Post by Mr101google » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:34 am

So a few days ago I posted on the topic of moving to Ireland to live there whist exercising treaty rights etc so me and my fiance could get married and live together. Looking at the bigger picture we decided to have a look at US immigration.

I my self am 22 years old, I am a UK Citizen, and my fiance is 20 and a US Citizen living in Colorado. We both are very unsure on the procedure for immigration to the US.

My ultimate question is how easy/hard is it to gain residency in the United States, if you're married ?. I my self am an automotive technician, with Diploma qualifications, I didn't go to University. I was wondering if she has to have an income and meet a criteria to apply ? Or do we just have to be married, it's a heart break for both of us as we're just so desperate to be together and start our lifes without worrying about how we can be together. We've both been together since we were young. She was 16 when we met, and we've been together all this time. Living in the US Appeals to me very much as I've visit numerous times. I was just wondering what procedures and requirements are to live and stay in America permanently. I could live with her if I went over there until I found a job. We're just so eager to be together, it's painful and we don't wanna split up over this we've both said we won't. But we're both not very law savvy or in the know about what to do etc, we're open to absolutely any options to be together providing it's all legal etc. Not that I am saying we'd get encouraged to do illegal stuff, I was just stating that. I am a hard worker my self and don't care what the job is aslong as I am contributing to the economy, and not becoming a burden on what ever country I moved to Thanks in advance ~ Mike

vinny

Re: US immigration questions

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iamsuperbritish

Re: US immigration questions

Post by iamsuperbritish » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:42 pm