ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU child above 21 of EU cutizen moving to Ireland. info?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zubair11
Newly Registered

Non EU child above 21 of EU cutizen moving to Ireland. info?

Post by zubair11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation my student visa is running out in september , My Parents are british citizen I am fully dependent on them because of the student visa restriction on work. if I apply in ireland will I be able to come back to uk after application and what about my status in UK cuz the student visa would have been expired by that time.

please I need urgent advice. Many thanks

noajthan

Re: Non EU child above 21 of EU CUTIZEN MOVING TO IRELAND. i

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 pm

zubair11 wrote:Hi,
I am in the same situation my student visa is running out in september , My Parents are british citizen I am fully dependent on them because of the student visa restriction on work. if I apply in ireland will I be able to come back to uk after application and what about my status in UK cuz the student visa would have been expired by that time.

please I need urgent advice. Many thanks
Start here for UK side:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zubair11
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU child above 21 of EU CUTIZEN MOVING TO IRELAND. i

Post by zubair11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response I really appreciate it, but let me explain it to you properly

"I am living with my father in UK though I am fully dependent on him because of the student visa and restriction on work hours, my father is a British citizen and a month ago I found about EEA visa for non-EEA nationals or EEA Dependent visa. I gathered as much information as I could, but one thing I need to know is if I apply in ireland for EEA dependent visa, is it must for me to stay in Ireland or I could stay in UK as well with my father after applying? because I am really worried my student visa is running out in 3 months and I don't want to be overstayed so if I have already Applied for EEA dependent before my visa runs out will I be able to live with my dad back in UK legally because till that time my student visa will be already finished. I want to apply as soon as possible. so Please I need your advice"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EU child above 21 of EU cutizen moving to Ireland. i

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:43 pm

You cannot apply for an EEA family permit to join a British citizen who currently lives in the UK.

Your father/mother/you will have to move the centre of life to Ireland, exercise treaty rights there, before you can consider applying for this.

You cannot just go to Ireland on your own and apply for the EEA family permit to come back to the UK where you parents are. Your father is not considered an EU national for this purpose as he is British, living in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.