ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent enquiry on T4 Student Visa application-outside of uk

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chenchenjn
Newly Registered

Urgent enquiry on T4 Student Visa application-outside of uk

Post by chenchenjn » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:01 am

I have been studying in Singapore for almost 7 years. I took the O levels after completing the secondary school education here and just graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in March 2016.

I am holding a social visit pass (renew every 30-90 days) as my student pass was expired in April. My mother is holding a long term visit pass plus and is married to a Singaporean. We both are holding China passports. We bought a house in Singapore where we have lived for 4 years. And we have deposited all our earnings in Singapore, inclusive of the tuition fees and living expenses for further education in the U.K.

May I know:
1. Can I apply for Student Visa in Singapore instead of China since my family is here and Singapore is where I have residence for the past 7 years? (though I am not documented as a resident in Singapore now)
2. As the bank account that we are using to provide bank statement for visa application has both my mother and my name. Other than the birth certificate, do I still need a consent letter from my mother though I can withdraw the money based on my own signature?
3. Since I have been living in Singapore for almost 7 years. Am I required to do the tuberculosis test? If yes, should I do in China (holding China passport, tuberculosis test required) or Singapore (residence, tuberculosis test not required)?
4. As both my parents are working in Singapore. Is the Singapore marriage certificate, original identification cards and passports required? Do both of them need to get employment letter from their employers showing that they have stable jobs here? Are tax records needed for both of them?
5. Where should I get the police clearance? when I arrive in uk?

Hoping for reply for every qns asked. Thanks a lot! :D

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent enquiry on T4 Student Visa application-outside of

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:36 am

chenchenjn wrote:1. Can I apply for Student Visa in Singapore instead of China since my family is here and Singapore is where I have residence for the past 7 years? (though I am not documented as a resident in Singapore now)
They will only accept your application if you live there, and you seem to be a temporary visitor.
chenchenjn wrote:2. As the bank account that we are using to provide bank statement for visa application has both my mother and my name. Other than the birth certificate, do I still need a consent letter from my mother though I can withdraw the money based on my own signature?
See the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, paragraph 198i.
chenchenjn wrote:3. Since I have been living in Singapore for almost 7 years. Am I required to do the tuberculosis test? If yes, should I do in China (holding China passport, tuberculosis test required) or Singapore (residence, tuberculosis test not required)?
See https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa
chenchenjn wrote:4. As both my parents are working in Singapore. Is the Singapore marriage certificate, original identification cards and passports required? Do both of them need to get employment letter from their employers showing that they have stable jobs here? Are tax records needed for both of them?
How are these documents of your parents relevant to your Tier 4 application?
chenchenjn wrote:5. Where should I get the police clearance? when I arrive in uk?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

chenchenjn
Newly Registered

Post by chenchenjn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Thank you.

chenchenjn
Newly Registered

Post by chenchenjn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:29 pm

sah10406 wrote:
chenchenjn wrote:1. Can I apply for Student Visa in Singapore instead of China since my family is here and Singapore is where I have residence for the past 7 years? (though I am not documented as a resident in Singapore now)
They will only accept your application if you live there, and you seem to be a temporary visitor.
chenchenjn wrote:3. Since I have been living in Singapore for almost 7 years. Am I required to do the tuberculosis test? If yes, should I do in China (holding China passport, tuberculosis test required) or Singapore (residence, tuberculosis test not required)?
See https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

So I don't need it as I've been living in sg for the last 6 months (except for two months trip to China)
chenchenjn wrote:4. As both my parents are working in Singapore. Is the Singapore marriage certificate, original identification cards and passports required? Do both of them need to get employment letter from their employers showing that they have stable jobs here? Are tax records needed for both of them?
How are these documents of your parents relevant to your Tier 4 application?

Because I need a reason to apply in Singapore (outside of my home country). I want to apply here is because my family is here. So I guess the marriage Cert may be needed?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:34 pm

chenchenjn wrote: Because I need a reason to apply in Singapore (outside of my home country). I want to apply here is because my family is here. So I guess the marriage Cert may be needed?
It's about where you live, not where your parents live. I advise speaking directly to the application post in Singapore before starting any application. It's possible they will accept your application, but it doesn't seem likely.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:05 am

chenchenjn wrote:(though I am not documented as a resident in Singapore now)
Applying in Singapore is probably not possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.