ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via descent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation via descent

Post by nukes » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Sorry if this is on the wrong page not sure how to navigate.

Please stay with me.

I am 56 retired and an english citizen. Secured savings in an english bank. I would like to retire to Eire in the next year or two. Buying or renting not sure - would this be relevant (please read on). My great grand parents (two of them were born in Ireland).

I am aware there is a possiblity of citizenship in the case of recent descent granted by the minister of justice after 3 years residence but I also read this time frame can be revoked should this be his/her decision. If this is so are we still working with a 3 year residence or can it be less and if so how much less?

I would also like to know about the 'allowance' to leave during the 3 years to visit my family in england - how long can one be out of Eire visiting family before it has an impact on the 3 years (if it is 3 years), there must come a point when the visit becomes of an unreasonable length.

Owing to agreed legislation between the Dail and Westminster, are there any changes in the procedure - reporting to police paperwork etc in relation to starting the procedure of residence and recognised domicility.

Thank you

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation via descent

Post by nukes » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:13 am

Hi again, can any of you knowledgable folk shed any light (answers)?

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Any suggestions folks?

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi again, not a criticism of you good folk at all. If no one can help with an answer, can anyone suggest a place where I can ask the questions outlined, then again there might be someone who might have a tentative answer to my questions.

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 am

Any suggestions folks? :(

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Over half a thousand views and not all by me. Can anyone shed any light/answers to my questions? Thanks.

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:46 am

Well the time frame has latered I guess the move will be July/August 2017. Can anyone provide possible answers or a next step the the first post?

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Post by sweetbeatrice » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:20 pm

I assume others haven't responded because they don't know. I don't know. Have you contacted the consulate nearest you?

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 am

They don't know, it's all very odd. Perhaps I will need to go an immigration help surgery in Tipperary when I next visit Eire. There must be a better solution/next step. Anyway thanks for responding.