ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost BRP -replacement process and timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

icecandy
Newly Registered

lost BRP -replacement process and timeline

Post by icecandy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi,

I want to share with you my awful experience of losing the BRP and applying for one.

April 27th - Submitted BRP replacement application via post
May 12th- received letter asking us to give biometric information
May 13th- provided biometric information at postoffice
June 22nd- called UK VISA office to find out status- it says application still being processed

Additional notes-
  • - We contacted the local MP with no response.
    - When I tried calling the VISA office previously they refuse to provide any information unless 8 weeks have passed! After 8 weeks they just said the visa is being processed.
    -Contacted university and provided proof of air tickets as well but they've said no guarantee. We have had 4 overseas trips during this time which had to be cancelled due to this BRP card issue. It has turned out to be --one of the most stressful experiences of my life. We've waited day after day hoping for some information or sign, but nothing.We're stuck here in UK unable to leave and not knowing when we can! Such an awful experience.

icecandy
Newly Registered

Re: lost BRP -replacement process and timeline

Post by icecandy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 pm

update- 25th of June we received a letter dated 24th June saying our BRP card has been approved and will be delivered in the next 7 days.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:42 am

icecandy wrote: I want to share with you my awful experience of losing the BRP and applying for one.

...We contacted the local MP with no response.

It has turned out to be --one of the most stressful experiences of my life. We've waited day after day hoping for some information or sign, but nothing.We're stuck here in UK unable to leave and not knowing when we can! Such an awful experience.
For Heavens sake. The stated processing time is 8 weeks, and you received it in 8 weeks and 3 days. Your dramatic language and bothering your MP with this matter seems very out of proportion!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

icecandy
Newly Registered

Post by icecandy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:07 am

icecandy wrote:update- 25th of June we received a letter dated 24th June saying our BRP card has been approved and will be delivered in the next 7 days.
we received the card on the 28th of June.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:52 pm

sah10406 wrote:
For Heavens sake. The stated processing time is 8 weeks, and you received it in 8 weeks and 3 days. Your dramatic language and bothering your MP with this matter seems very out of proportion!
The last time when I checked, we elect the MPs to deal with OUR issues, however pettey they look like. Also, the OP seems to have genuine reason to be worried as they had to cancel 4 air trips. Try booking 4 airline trips & then lose you BRP and see if it makes you any anxious.