ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umair2017

Processing time for extension

Post by umair2017 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 am

Hi guys,

Ca any one tell if they have applied for extension lately and if they have received their visas? I have to apply in November and have some travelling plans for dec/jan. So please if anyone can answer? What is their normal timings for extension?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Processing time for extension

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:26 pm

There are many timeline posts and threads on the subject on the forum. Search the forum please

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 10077.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ehsandoost
Newly Registered

Post by ehsandoost » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi Zimba,

It has been 8 weeks since I have applied for my tier 1 extension and done my biometric on 12/05, I am getting a bit worried as HO hasn't got back to me as it is saying in my Biometric letter if in any cases it will take more than 8 weeks the HO will inform me. Shall I call HO?

Thanks,

Ehsandoost

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:42 am

ehsandoost wrote:Hi Zimba,

It has been 8 weeks since I have applied for my tier 1 extension and done my biometric on 12/05, I am getting a bit worried as HO hasn't got back to me as it is saying in my Biometric letter if in any cases it will take more than 8 weeks the HO will inform me. Shall I call HO?

Thanks,

Ehsandoost
Calling HO is usually get you the same response as `your application is being processed`
HO seems to have a big backlog of extension applications
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:53 am

HI All,

can we write to home office for an update, i have been waiting for my second interview letter for more than 7 weeks. have some travel plans soon. so this needs to be sorted ASAP

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:06 am

shaf2008 wrote:HI All,

can we write to home office for an update, i have been waiting for my second interview letter for more than 7 weeks. have some travel plans soon. so this needs to be sorted ASAP
You must wait for HO to get back to you, it seems that now it could take more than two months for an application to be processed. Put your travel plans on hold until you hear about your visa.

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:27 am

hello Zimba,

Is there anything wrong in writing a letter to them requesting to speed up the process.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

shaf2008 wrote:hello Zimba,

Is there anything wrong in writing a letter to them requesting to speed up the process.
You cannot really tell Ho what to do. They pretty much can ignore your letter. You can try if you wish though