ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Wrong Visa(?)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Applied for Wrong Visa(?)

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:25 pm

My husband is from Portugal and is an EU citizen, but when we were applying on the website we couldn't find EEA family permit. So we applied for spousal visa. Aside from the fact he isn't a UK citizen, we have all the correct paperwork explaining our relationship, his work, our accommodations.. Now I'm worried that I'm not going to get it because he's not a UK citizen.
Any thoughts?

Casa

Re: Applied for Wrong Visa(?)

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:28 pm

You're right to be concerned. You don't qualify for a spouse visa under the UK Immigration Rules as your husband has Portuguese nationality. You should have applied for an EEA Family Permit. Unfortunately, unless you're very lucky you will lose your application fee. Has the payment been taken yet? If not, you could try blocking the payment which would mean the application wouldn't go through.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:40 pm

I know, but literally everywhere we looked in the drop down menus didn't have EEA family permit.. plus at the time we were like.. "We're married, so it should be good" then I dug around a bit and found out literally today...
And no, I sent everything off and it's all in Sheffield now. He doesn't want to admit that it's going to be rejected and I don't know what to do honestly.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 pm

My suggestion would still be to stop the payment if it hasn't gone through. Here's the correct application:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

Did you pay the NHS surcharge?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Yes, everything has been paid for and shipped off.
Thank you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:49 pm

You should have the NHS surcharge refunded, but doubtful about your application fee. It might be worthwhile to try to contact Sheffield.
(Casa, not CR001)

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I have to send in a visa application withdrawal that could take up to 10 business days to get back.
Good news is I can get it back and apply for the correct one.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:45 pm

oakhelm wrote:I have to send in a visa application withdrawal that could take up to 10 business days to get back.
Good news is I can get it back and apply for the correct one.
Brilliant. Where are you at present? In the UK or applying from outside?
(Casa, not CR001)

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:17 pm

Outside

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:19 pm

oakhelm wrote:Outside
That's fine then. I was just concerned that you may be in the UK on a visa that was due to expire.
(Casa, not CR001)

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Oh no, I figured with my luck something like that would happen.
Thank you for your help, really.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Please post if you get stuck with anything.
(Casa, not CR001)

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks.. It's just annoying because I feel like some of the sections are duplicated multiple times.

oakhelm
Newly Registered

Post by oakhelm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Well I do have a question, it may be stupid, but it's still something I'd rather get right.
Under the section for EEA National, it is asking many questions about his status, and all of the sudden it goes "What is your permanent address and contact details?" and doesn't ever ask for the EEA national's address, so I'm unsure if it's me or him that they're asking about. Especially considering they've asked for my address multiple times in other sections already.
Then further down it repeats questions