ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada visitor visa applied 25-05 no update yet

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Canada visitor visa applied 25-05 no update yet

Post by Hansi89 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:43 am

Hello,

me and my husband are visiting canada from aug-30 to 19-sept this year on holiyday. I am a Dutch national and doesn't require visa, but I do have the ETA. My husband is from Sri Lanka and he has a resident permit in the UK as EEA family member. We have travelled to the Netherlands without any visa 3 times and also to Peru (he had to request visa). His permit expires in 2019.

We applied for Canada visitor visa online for him on 25th May and provided biometrics 8th June. On 9th June the account was updated. However we haven;t received anything back from the CIC. we have provided the following info:

3 months payslips, 5 months bank statements, savings, employee letter, all the stamped pages in the passport, bank balance, and available funds (18000 CAD), itinerary: London-Vancouver, Calgary-Toronto-, Toronto-London air tickets, air bnb bookings, hotel bookings and car rental Vancouver-Calgary, national park reservations. all the required form.

we did not provide anything related to me, like documents where we are both named: insurance, marriage certificate, bills, tenancy agreements etc. do you think this might cause a problem for issuing the visa?

can you please tell me if the above mentioned docs are sufficient? we are travelling in exactly 2 months and I'm afraid it get refused... :S

please help!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Canada visitor visa applied 25-05 no update yet

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:51 pm

How did you/he apply? Was it online or through the Canadian vfs centre? The delay may be due to the summer holiday peak period. Unless you suspect that you've missed some key supporting documents that were listed as required when applying? Documentation in joint names wouldn't be necessary for such an application. As its a short term visitor visa, my understanding is that his documentation would be sufficient, unless perhaps you are supporting him in any way. E.g. funding the trip etc... I would double check the supporting documents list to make sure you haven't missed anything, as missing documents do normally result in delays.

You might try and contact them if you feel there is an unexplained lengthy delay.

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKi ... urism.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... asp#5256E3
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/appl ... isitorvisa

Hansi89
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Re: Canada visitor visa applied 25-05 no update yet

Post by Hansi89 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi there, we applied online on CIC website. I have checked the supporting docs again and again (I prepared the all docs). everything is submitted. I did not create an explanation letter :? It was optional. It's indeed possible about the peak period. I also thought about it. Also the saving money is on his account and we have provided the statement for that too. I have reread the application forms and nothing indicates to that I will be funding.

On june 20th i sent an email via CSE and London VO replied back with:

Please be advised that your application is in live process and will be finalised once the file review is complete.

The service standard for temporary resident visa applications received outside Canada is currently 2 weeks. Please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... isitor.asp