ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence Card - Evidence of living together

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perpino
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card - Evidence of living together

Post by perpino » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi All!
I don't understand which documents are really needed for "Section 5: Spouse or civil partner of the sponsor".

I'm Italian working in UK full time and my wife is American. She just got a FP and she's flying here this week. We want to apply for a RC next week.
From the Guide to support documents
If you and your sponsor are living together, or have previously lived together, please provide
evidence of this. We recommend that you send at least 6 items, from 3 different sources. These
can be addressed to you jointly or individually, provided they clearly show that you live, or have
lived, at the same address.
Do I really need to provide at least 6 documents with her name and the address of our apartment here in UK? It wouldn't be easy to get all those documents in just a week. (We never lived together before).

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 Residence Card - Evidence of living together

Post by ohara » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 pm

It does say recommend. You should try to send as much evidence as you can so that your application is rock solid. Utility bills, council tax bills, rent statements etc are all fairly easy to get in a short time. You don't have to apply for the RC immediately, you can do it any time before the FP expires but the sooner you can do it, the easier it will make life for your partner.