ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 4 General

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pranam
Newly Registered

ICT Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 4 General

Post by Pranam » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 am

Hi There,

I am currently on ICT Tier 2 visa and the 5 year term on my visa expires by the end of August. My spouse has applied for a 2 year MSC degress which starts early Sep.She has received an offer from the university but yet to apply for her Visa. I have the following queries.

1. Can I apply for her Tier 4 student visa from UK and can the dependants also apply for Tier 4 dependant visa along with her application. I am planning to apply through the same day route to ensure there are no delays in processing.
2. If I can apply from UK, will there be any issue since I am applying at the end of the 5 year period for ICT Tier 2 visa?
3. Will the period of stay under Tier 4 dependant visa be considered as a cooling of period for ICT Tier 2? i.e. will I be able to apply for a ICT Tier 2 visa again at the end of my 1 year stay on Tier 4 dependant visa?

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: ICT Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 4 General

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:03 am

Pranam wrote: 1. Can I apply for her Tier 4 student visa from UK
No. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

Plus, you do not apply for her visa, she applies for her own visa!
Pranam wrote:and can the dependants also apply for Tier 4 dependant visa along with her application.
Yes, if everyone including you is applying in her home country. Otherwise they need to wait until she has her new leave.
Pranam wrote:2. If I can apply from UK, will there be any issue since I am applying at the end of the 5 year period for ICT Tier 2 visa?
No.
Pranam wrote:3. Will the period of stay under Tier 4 dependant visa be considered as a cooling of period for ICT Tier 2? i.e. will I be able to apply for a ICT Tier 2 visa again at the end of my 1 year stay on Tier 4 dependant visa?
Check this with the prospective Tier 2 sponsor.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: ICT Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 4 General

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:54 pm

3. Will the period of stay under Tier 4 dependant visa be considered as a cooling of period for ICT Tier 2? i.e. will I be able to apply for a ICT Tier 2 visa again at the end of my 1 year stay on Tier 4 dependant visa?

Yes it counts towards cooling off. The issue will be more to do with the fact you are unlikely to be considered an ICT bearing in mind the fact you have not worked for the overseas company for 5 years. Best option after cooling off period would be tier 2 general