ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants of ILR (5 year route) applicants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Mateen siddiqui
Newly Registered

Dependants of ILR (5 year route) applicants

Post by Mateen siddiqui » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:37 am

Hi,

I am in a peculiar situation.

I am on a tier 2 visa and will be 5 year continous stay in the UK. My family however joined me after a year and therefore they will be completing 4 years ad tier 2 dependents and hence not eligible for ilr.

I have got two questions:

1. If i apply for ilr what should my family apply for and will that affect their status ? Will they have to start a fresh 5 year cycle ?

2. Or should i apply for another tier 2 visa for a year so that my family would complete 5 years as dependents and hennce eligible for ilr?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Dependants of ILR (5 year route) applicants

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:49 am

1. They may continue to apply as family members (PBS dependants) until eligible for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.