ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Sponcership after exclusion order

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knayanbabu
Newly Registered

Wife Sponcership after exclusion order

Post by knayanbabu » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:09 am

Hi i was given exclusion order in 2014 at a usa/canada border and my passport was sent to an inland office in the city i live in canada. i was given a month to make arrangements to leave and within this period i was interviewed by immigration officer and in my situation i was found not at fault so given permit to continue and stay in canada. Now i am a permanent resident since 2015 july. (approved under provincial nominee class)

I am Married and want to sponsor my wife. In the IMM 1344 it asks me have you been ordered to leave canada?
yes/no.

according to immigration guide if i say yes i am not eligible to sponsor my wife. If i say no am i lying?
technically i have to say no. because it does not ask me have you EVER been ordered to leave canada? Currently i am a naturalized canadian permanent resident. I think i am wrong.

please help me