ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) £5400 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

afzalfinance

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) £5400 Dependent

Post by afzalfinance » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:35 am

Hi,
I need some help if available. I had this shock of £5400, while I was about to pay for Immigration Health Surcharge for my dependent.
I got ILR (Indifinite Leave to Remain) through Tier 1 and my wife and two kids (dependent) arrived UK on Tier 1 dependent Visa in July 2013. Now when I got ILR they don't qualify for ILR and they have to get an extension to complete the 5 years criteria before they apply for ILR. So far they have stayed for about two and half years in UK so a further two and half year would be enough for them to qualify for ILR.
However dependent of ILR get an extension of 3 years.
Based on the facts that my wife and two kids would get a three years visa, so in addition to their visa fee which is £1,736 x 3 = £5,208 I was ready to pay a further £1800 Immigration Health Surcharge for three dependent for three years (£600 x 3 =£1800).
However after filling the online Health Surcharge form I have been asked to pay (£1800 x 3 =£5,400) for three people. while filling the form I have given the Visa date on my ILR (BRP) and that date is 31 Dec 2024. So they charged me £200 a year for 9 years for 3 people which resulted into £5400 in addition to Visa application fee of £5208 which totals up to £10608.
At the moment I have stoped further processing as I am not in position to pay it but my questions are why they are charging my dependent for 9 years while they will be getting a visa of 3 years? and that if i pay this, will it be refundable at some stage or its official looting?
God help those who help themselves

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) £5400 Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:41 am

They are applying alone. You don't put your details in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

afzalfinance

Post by afzalfinance » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:55 am

CR001 wrote:They are applying alone. You don't put your details in.
Thanks. The question written there is while I filled my wife details:
Are You applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK?
ADD THIS PERSON'S DETAILS
You don't need this person details if they are a UK or EEA citizen.

Should I ignore this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 pm

'Apply alone' or 'No'!!! she does not need to input your details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

afzalfinance

Post by afzalfinance » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:'Apply alone' or 'No'!!! she does not need to input your details.
Thanks a lot CR001.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 pm

afzalfinance wrote:
Thanks a lot CR001.
afazal how did you get rid of the details you had already added ? did you re start the application again?

HidayVayalpad
Newly Registered

Post by HidayVayalpad » Wed May 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi Afazal,eclectic / Immigration Gurus

How did you get rid of the details you had already added ?

Did you re start the application again? I mean, did you just ignore the one you have already filled in and create new application from the beginning?

How can we delete the application which we filled already? ( Application Till Book Appointment is completed)

Thanks
Hiday.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:51 am

You can not delete any details once you have submitted your IHS application (Once you click that I have confirmed the details). I had the same situation and I added my name for my wife's visa so my wife's Surcharge came 0.00 pounds. (Why: Because she had less than 10 days available on her current leave) so I phone up IHS helpline and they said star the fresh application and do not include my name and it worked fine for my wife's extension visa and it cam 600 pounds for 3 years duration. You old application will get deleted in 10 weeks time as per the data protection. That is what I been told by IHS helpline.

kautya

Post by kautya » Sat May 21, 2016 9:06 pm

eclectic wrote:
afzalfinance wrote:
Thanks a lot CR001.
afazal how did you get rid of the details you had already added ? did you re start the application again?
You can start another application via in person appointment. Pay the IHS first and then dont progress the in personal application any further. Take the IHS number and use that in your existing application.
Alternative you can also try doing the same on the IHS website by registering again with your dependents details (surprisingly the IHS login is not linked to the UKBI application login) and paying the IHS and generating the number.

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:03 am

Hi

Need to apply Tier 1 gen.dependents visa renewals in uk, for this I need to pay IHS charges for my wife, 2 minor children.

Do I need to fill my 3 dependants (wife, son & daughter) with single login registration by selecting add additional dependent or I need to have separate login registration for each member.

I am on ILR on 5 years route.

Do, I get separate IHS reference numbers for each dependent ?

Thanks & Regards,

sandeepshendye
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepshendye » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 am

Hi,
I hold ILR with a valid until date of 31/12/2024.
I need another extension of Tier 1 (General) visa for my wife and one daughter in order for them to be eligible for ILR.

When I tried to pay for Immigration Health Service, it is asking me to pay £3200 (1600 + 1600) as it is calculating this based on my ILR end date.

Please help me...what should I do as I think I should only pay IHS for 3 years, i.e. £600 per applicant?
Also, as I have already completed the online application and it is not possible to delete my details from it, how to handle this?

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Sandeep

rk_niu1981

Post by rk_niu1981 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello
I had the same problem as well. I had to fill the application form all again. I contacted customer services but they could not help much, but they suggested that if we pay excess amount, then it will be refunded.
I re-filled the application again and this time when it asked for my expiry date, I gave 3 years (although my ILR is valid until 2024) from current expiry date, so it came up with £700 for each dependant.
My dependants visas were expiring June 30, 2017 and I gave my expiry date July 1, 2020. If I would have given June 30, 2020, then probably it would have showed the correct fees. But I lost patience after already filling couple of times.

In the cover letter I have mentioned that I paid £200 excess for IHS due to technical issue and requested them to grant visas for 3 years.

I am yet to post the application. I don't think whatever I did is right, but I just thought of sharing that I too had this issue.

varun845
Newly Registered

Post by varun845 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am in similar situation. Can I ask what you did at the end ?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:36 pm

varun845 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:27 pm
Hi,

I am in similar situation. Can I ask what you did at the end ?

Thanks.
Solution (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)