ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Registration/EU1A Applications

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bharool
Newly Registered

GNIB Registration/EU1A Applications

Post by bharool » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:39 am

After 4 months we have, at last, had acknowledgement of our EU1A Permitted Family Member applications for my defacto partner and children.

However, the following suggests to me that I still cannot apply to GNIB for registration:-

"The grant of temporary permission to reside in the state will not be considered until such a time as a decision is made on whether the applicant is deemed to be a permitted family member of the EU citizen in accordance with the 2015 Regulations".

Also they have asked for some additional information as follows:-

1) Civil Certificate showing family relationship with the EU citizen.
2) Documentary evidence from the relevant authority of the country from which the applicant has come from that the applicant is a dependant of the EU Citizen.

I don't understand no. 1 as we are not married but I have already sent copies of joint tenancy agreements and council tax bills etc showing we have cohabited as a family for more than 2 years. I'm not sure what certificates they may be asking for?

As for 2, my partner has 3 children. 2 under 16 and one of 20 years old who has also been living with us. The 20 year old was dependant on me for housing as, although working, was only on the minimum wage for an 18-20 year old.

Can anyone give advice please as to what they might be expecting?

Kind regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: GNIB Registration/EU1A Applications

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:42 am

For number 1, tell them clearly that you do not have that.

Ireland does not have civil partnership for hetrosexual couple, so they cannot require that of other EU citizens.

The other documents are required for the dependent children..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bharool
Newly Registered

Re: GNIB Registration/EU1A Applications

Post by bharool » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi Obie

Many thanks for the response.

Re the dependant children, what are they actually looking for? We have birth certs which are proof of their mother but I don't have anything else. We didn't claim child benefit in the UK as I was earning too much but I paid for all of their keep, holidays, school costs, clothes etc etc and I have already sent travel documents and photos for holidays going back to 2013. I'm not sure what else I can provide to be honest.

I may panicking for no reason but it's a concern anyway.