ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment Letter Not recieved Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

divha
Newly Registered

Curtailment Letter Not recieved Tier 4

Post by divha » Sun May 08, 2016 2:50 am

Hi, finished my course early march the university sent me an email informing me that they had informed the HO that i had finished my studies. My problem is that upto now the HO have not sent me a letter or email infroming me of my new visa expiry date ..when does my curtailment period start ?

keysersoze22

Re: Curtailment Letter Not recieved Tier $

Post by keysersoze22 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:27 am

Chances are they haven't got around to processing your curtailment yet. At our institution we make it clear that curtailment starts when the UKVI are in contact - and for early course completion you will be granted the usual "wrap up time" as listed on your CAS. (Wrap up time is: If your CAS is shorter than a year, then you'll be granted two months to finish your affairs and leave the UK/switch sponsor, or if your CAS is longer than a year, you'll be granted the standard four extra months to leave the UK/switch sponsor).

If in doubt, ask your University to contact their Account Manager to verify the report took place and ask if any curtailment action has taken place.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:56 am

divha wrote:My problem is that upto now the HO have not sent me a letter or email infroming me of my new visa expiry date ..when does my curtailment period start ?
Your curtailment date, and hence your deadline for leaving the UK or making a new application, will be your recent actual course end date plus 4 months or 2 months or 1 week, depending on the level and length of the course. See para 96 of the Tier 4 Policy guidance for more details.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

divha
Newly Registered

Help

Post by divha » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Would you please help me to clarify the below situation?

I'm an international student finished my course and had a meeting at our school which informed us that our visas will be curtailed to 4 months to leave after we get a Curtailment Letter from the Home Office.

Today i recieved an email letter from Capita Contact on behalf of the Home Office today morning informing me that I need to leave UK immediately as I have overstayed my visa. However, I have still not received any official update on my visa status other than the date on my visa in my passport (which would be highlighted in the curtailment letter which was not received) and have contacted Capita who are unwilling to give me the date from which I have overstayed. While I am fully willing to cooperate and have no intention of breaking any rules, I would really appreciate some clarity regarding the way forward

In order to gain some clarity on how this unfortunate situation might have happened, I need to understand why I haven't been contacted directly by the Home Office (rather than a secondary organisation on behalf of the HO) regarding my visa status being curtailed? My residential address and my email address have not changed. This is evidenced by the fact that I was contacted by Capita via the same email address.

I would really appreciate a response as I am completely shocked by the situation as the first correspondence regarding my visa asks me to leave immediately,

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:07 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:20 am

keysersoze22 wrote:
If in doubt, ask your University to contact their Account Manager to verify the report took place and ask if any curtailment action has taken place.
Why did you not do this?

Capita are often operating on incorrect data - I have had multiple reports of migrants receiving letters even though they've switched category.

Take my earlier advice and ask for your University's international student advice team (Or compliance team) to contact the Account Manager directly to find out if any curtailment action has been taken out against you, and what dates. You'll need to give them permission in writing to do so.

divha
Newly Registered

Post by divha » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:22 pm

I asked my Uni to find out if my curtailment had been effected they told me that i will recieve the response within 5 working days.

also Capita called today asking me what my intetions, I in-turn were asked them to provide me details of when my leave expiredthey could not say because they did not know. the lady i spoke to did not know of wrap up period she was telling me that my leave expired when I finished Uni.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Curtailment Letter Not recieved Tier 4

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:14 am

I am totally guessing but based on the train of events it would appear that your actual current tier 4 visa has expired. What is the expiry date on your visa?

If the expiry date is still current there is been an error somewhere along the line.

divha
Newly Registered

Post by divha » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:13 am

My actual current leave is set to expire in October

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:18 pm

There is a mix up somewhere then, Capita only chase when UKVI says so.

That would give the impression that your leave was curtailed.... Did you finish your course early?

divha
Newly Registered

Post by divha » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:49 pm

I finished the course early and was supposed to have my leave curtailed by 4 months but i did not recieve any notification from HO. i have since asked the UNI to check as to the dates of curtailment if it was indeed curtailed. still waiting on them to reply

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:59 pm

It is impossible to say what and why has happened. Instinct tells me you were curtailed probably to sometime in June. Capita don't chase till 28 days have elapsed beyond expiry date.

How positive are you that the HO had your current address? And how / when was it advised to them?