ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long wait for appointment for Family Reunification Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hmminator
Newly Registered

Long wait for appointment for Family Reunification Visa

Post by Hmminator » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 am

Hello,

I am an EU citizen (British) and my Filipina wife-to-be and I are planning to move to Spain after we get married in August.

Unfortunately the website for the Spanish embassy in Manila is saying that no appointments to apply for long term visas are available until October!

This is a big problem for us as I have a job starting in Spain in September. I know that as part of Directive 2004/38/EC foreign embassies are supposed to provide an accelerated process for visa applications from spouses of EU nationals so do I have any right to demand a faster appointment? A three month wait just for an appointment seems unreasonable.

Any help or advice with this would be much appreciated.

vinny

Re: Long wait for appointment for Family Reunification Visa

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:17 am

Appointments wrote:Spouses of EU citizens may present their visa applications directly at the Consulate General of Spain without an appointment on Fridays from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hmminator
Newly Registered

Post by Hmminator » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:31 am

Oh good, that information isn't on the VFS Global website. Thanks very much!

liksah

Post by liksah » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 am

As far as I understand you are not eligible for a family reunification visa. That's either for Spanish nationals living in Spain or 3rd country nationals who are living in Spain and want to bring over their family members.

You would need to apply for an article 10 residence card. This is because your "move" falls under EU free movement (at the moment, Britain is still in the EU). So your wife will probably get a short term visa to enter Spain and then apply for an article 10 residence card while living in Spain.

Perhaps it's also an easier process for you because the short term visa is issued quickly and then you can take care of these formalities once you are in Spain and the process continues while you are in country.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 am

This may help:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Don't forget Filipinas need to go through the CFO PDOS programme in order to leave the Philippines as a spouse or fiancee.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option= ... Itemid=833
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.