ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New policy

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

New policy

Post by Ali272 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:39 pm

http://cameroon-concord.com/headlines/i ... course-end

Theresa May wanted to do this for a long time. George Osborne blocked her 18 months ago according to a FT story.
What is the point of this new policy? Does this mean students must leave the UK now and therefore will be subject to overall Tier 2 cap and resident labor market test?

Thanks.

Petaltop

Re: New policy

Post by Petaltop » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Ali272 wrote:http://cameroon-concord.com/headlines/i ... course-end

Theresa May wanted to do this for a long time. George Osborne blocked her 18 months ago according to a FT story.
What is the point of this new policy? Does this mean students must leave the UK now and therefore will be subject to overall Tier 2 cap and resident labor market test?

Thanks.
This has nothing to do with Brexit and would be better on the Tier 4 forum.

The article is about those at the colleges, not universities. I seem to recall this was arranged ages ago?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Moved to Tier 4 sub forum.

Agree Petaltop, this was announced ages ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:27 pm

I think she wants to introduce to the university students too. At the moment university students can easily switch to Tier 2 without any residence labor market test or cap. That's why Cambridge university was not happy and Osborne blocked it.