ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

St.4:Waiting for an answer from EU Treaty Rights for 5months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nik1992
Newly Registered

St.4:Waiting for an answer from EU Treaty Rights for 5months

Post by Nik1992 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi all,

hope you are having a good day :)

I would really appreciate any kind of feedback or advise. Our situation is regarding Stamp 4. I am EU citizen and my husband is Brazilian. We got married here in Ireland. His Visa expired in February and so we applied for Stamp 4 ( firstly as partners de-facto and then as a married couple, we sent them marriage cert). I am not sure what kind of Visa my husband had before, but he was allowed to work for certain amount of time and as a consequence of not having Visa, he was put off work since February 2016.

We haven't heard from the EU Treaty Rights about any case number or not even the temporary Stamp 4, they always send just an automatic email saying that they have a huge volume of applicants so this will take another ,,few weeks,,. Does anyone have an experience with this? It has been 5 months since we applied and still nothing. How long it can take them to issue the temp Stamp 4?

Also, we are travelling to Czech Republic at the end of this month. Do you think there is something he needs in accordance to be allowed to enter Ireland on the way back ? Would our marriage certificate and the Application for Stamp 4 be enough for them?

I will appreciate any kind of advise or feedback.

thank you very much and good luck to ye all :wink:

Nikola

lemia
Newly Registered

Re: St.4:Waiting for an answer from EU Treaty Rights for 5mo

Post by lemia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Write to them demanding that they issue the Residence card immediately or action will follow

bharool
Newly Registered

Re: St.4:Waiting for an answer from EU Treaty Rights for 5mo

Post by bharool » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:40 am

Hi Nikola

We are in a similar place. The Eu Treaty Rights department seem to be in complete disarray.

I would fear that taking a heavy line with them would result in unfavourable treatment though.

I personally think it would be a bit of a risk to travel whilst waiting for a temporary stamp with an expired visa but I could be wrong and would be interested if anyone knows different as I'd love to have a break in the sun somewhere.