ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandy88

Visit Visa to Ireland

Post by sandy88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Mates,

I hope you can help me with this topic.

I am a spouse of an EU national (Married) and resides in the UK with residence permit ''Family member of a Union Citizen''.
I am planning to visit Dublin so i have contacted Irish embassy in London and they advised me i do not require visa if i am traveling with or to EU national with UK residence and if i am travelling alone i do need separate Irish visa but fee is waived off.

But the airline providers asked for the visa details as I am a visa required national.

So i have decided to file visa application online. where i got stuck what option to choose Whether as tourist or EU/EEA spouse?

So i have contacted embassy again they advised me that just an free option box and also said if i am applying under EEA regulation it takes a while to process and IF i apply under irish national law it takes only 7 days to process .

So i am confused what category i am under ? do i have to pay visa fee ?? what documents should i have to include with my application?

awaiting your reply

Many Thanks :shock: