ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English for T1E ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

English for T1E ILR

Post by seasky » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:34 pm

I am asking in this forum and not ILR as it may pertain to specifics of T1E

Is there a clarification if English test needs to be redone. I believe that I sat TOEFEL at the time (frankly don't really remember what I did) that is not accepted anymore. I saw on the English FAQ at ILR forum that you may have to redo English test for ILR even though as per the SET(o) form if English qualifications were proven previously they do not have to do it.

zimba
Mood:

Re: English for T1E ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:34 am

As it was covered in the FAQ post on the ILR forums and unless you have an academic degree taught in English language, you have to obtain a SELT certificate for ILR application after November 2015.

ILR English language requirements FAQ: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

seasky wrote:I am asking in this forum and not ILR as it may pertain to specifics of T1E

Is there a clarification if English test needs to be redone. I believe that I sat TOEFEL at the time (frankly don't really remember what I did) that is not accepted anymore. I saw on the English FAQ at ILR forum that you may have to redo English test for ILR even though as per the SET(o) form if English qualifications were proven previously they do not have to do it.
Thanks Zimba. A complete waste of £150 and 2 hours of my time. Another example of the cheats hurting the serious immigrants...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:41 am

Well it was the side effect of all ETS tests being rejected by HO which unfortunately affected other ETS designed tests like TOEFEL to be rejected as well.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:50 am

zimba88 wrote:Well it was the side effect of all ETS tests being rejected by HO which unfortunately affected other ETS designed tests like TOEFEL to be rejected as well.
yep.... and I believe were rejected by widespread scamming (though not directly related to T1E which has enough problems of its own...)