ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor Visa for Jamaican mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dengreg
Newly Registered

General Visitor Visa for Jamaican mother

Post by dengreg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:41 am

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Has anyone done any recent applications for visitor visa from Jamaica or any other country for a parent and can offer some advice on the whole process please?
I was told the applicant can apply online or go to a Travel Agent and they will do it all on your behalf for a fee, you only have to go and do the Biometrics yourself (applicant), the rest of the process is taken care of through them (Travel agent). Thanks.

Member of Standing

Re: General Visitor Visa for Jamaican mother

Post by member » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:07 am

What is her purpose of travelling to the UK?

dengreg
Newly Registered

Post by dengreg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:00 am

Two to three week holiday staying with me, my wife and daughter, nothing more. I will sponsor trip and wellbeing while she is here.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:22 am

Does she have strong ties in Jamaica to prove that she will return after the intended duration of stay in the UK?

dengreg
Newly Registered

Post by dengreg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:52 am

Yes, she works full time at a Primary school. She is an auxillary worker on basic wage and I take care of all her bills/expenses on a monthly basis. The house she lives in we both own, but I pay the mortgage and my step sister lives with her and she is 18 years old.

dengreg
Newly Registered

Post by dengreg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Anyone?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:57 pm

If a travel agent is assisting with the visitor application, then beware of him making any false statements or submitting any false documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dengreg
Newly Registered

Post by dengreg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:34 am

vinny wrote:If a travel agent is assisting with the visitor application, then beware of him making any false statements or submitting any false documents.
Hi Vinny, cheers for the heads up. To be on the safe side I will do the application for her from here (UK), pay the fee and book the appointment and send all documents to her. Do I need to declare I did completed the application on her behalf?

dengreg
Newly Registered

Post by dengreg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:16 am

Anyone?

africanqueen29
Newly Registered

outcome

Post by africanqueen29 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:34 am

Hi @dengreg, I would like to know if you have already applied for a visitor visa for your mother? And if you had a got a good outcome of it? If yes which documents have you provided, and how much money do we have to show on my bank account as well the applicant? I would like to invited a friend from Jamaica for a 4 weeks holiday to the UK.