ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Entry Clearance - Financial calculation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Navpreet
Newly Registered

Spouse Entry Clearance - Financial calculation

Post by Navpreet » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:43 am

The sponsor's husband has been working for his current employer for less than six months. He will solely be relying on his job to meet the financial requirement .
My understanding is that there is a two part test to meet the financial requirement.
(I) The sponsor’s current job gross salary must be £18,600 or more, and
(II) The sponsor must have made £18,600.00 in the last 12 months.
My question is how the gross income for last 12 months calculated? Do they take the lowest income per month to calculate gross OR do they add all the income he made during these last 12 months?
And if the person's job has guaranteed salary per year but income per month is flexible according to hours available, would it be treated as salaried income or non-salaried income?
Is it right for me to conclude that the overtime and bonuses and calculated same as non-salaried income(i.e. gross income for 6 months divided by 6) x 12

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse Entry Clearance - Financial calculation

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Your final sentence is correct and is exactly how the applicant would work out his salary for the purposes of the application. I believe it will still be considered salaried + bonuses/overtime.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Entry Clearance - Financial calculation

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Navpreet wrote:The sponsor's husband has been working for his current employer for less than six months. He will solely be relying on his job to meet the financial requirement .
My understanding is that there is a two part test to meet the financial requirement.
(I) The sponsor’s current job gross salary must be £18,600 or more, and
(II) The sponsor must have made £18,600.00 in the last 12 months.
My question is how the gross income for last 12 months calculated? Do they take the lowest income per month to calculate gross OR do they add all the income he made during these last 12 months?
And if the person's job has guaranteed salary per year but income per month is flexible according to hours available, would it be treated as salaried income or non-salaried income?
Is it right for me to conclude that the overtime and bonuses and calculated same as non-salaried income(i.e. gross income for 6 months divided by 6) x 12
1)yes last 12 months earning is adding up your salary of last 12 months including new and old jobs

2) if you have fixed pay each month or fixed number of hours to work each months then its salaried employment even if you get overtime on top of salary.

3) yes overtime, commission or bonuses calculated in same way as you calculate the annual gross salary in non salaried employment