ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment doubt - additional business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YouKTier

Investment doubt - additional business

Post by YouKTier » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:23 am

Hi guys, in regards to PSW entrepreneur, I understand 50k has to be invested. My doubt is If I have more than one business of level 4 or above, will investment into all the business (combined or even individually) be taken into account/ considered at the stage of extension or is it only the investment into first business that I showed during initial application is taken into account/ considered?

YouKTier

Re: Investment doubt - additional business

Post by YouKTier » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Anyone with an answer care to comment please? it will only take five minutes of your time :wink:

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 am

@ YouKTier, you can invest in as many business as possible as long as all the evidences are well kept and all the businesses must meet all the requirement of the immigration rule. As in your case of being a former PSW visa holder, all the businesses must be at or above NQF level 4.

But to be frank, how can someone cope with 2 or 3 businesses in the present UK economy when running 1 business is a very tough challenge.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

YouKTier

Post by YouKTier » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks Ola, thing is I have invested most of the amount from the 50k into the second business (both are level 4) rather than the first. I wanted to know if that should be fine to meet the extension requirement or are they particular that the 50k investment should be into the first business only that I showed for the initial application?

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:53 am

I am in the same boat, I have also invested mostly in my second business because my first buisness on which I have obtained Visa is not running well and therefore I have started a new business, Logic says it should be valid but dont know about the immigration law... If anyone can share their views on this will be appreciated... thanks in advance.

khandrakhan

Post by khandrakhan » Sat May 02, 2015 8:28 pm

I think okay they never say limit to how many business.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed May 06, 2015 8:13 pm

@ YouKTier, you are allowed to run another business apart from the one you initially applied with as long as your new business continue to meet all the requirement of the rule and you also keep evidence of any money already invested in the former business.

Check the policy guidance of 04/2015, point 85 state as thus;

''85. We recognise that, as an entrepreneur, you may have moved on to other activities and no longer be involved in the business in which you initially invested, but we still require this evidence to show that the money was invested.''
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 am

I am getting confuse When Home office says ''that we still need the proof that the money was invested'' this particular line of Home Office makes me confuse, what if they say we meant that u can move over to another business but only after investing 50K into your first business under which you applied.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:07 pm

YES u can invest money to any other business and claim point whatever it is lower or upper level. NQF level does not matter after u getting ur initial E visa(50k). Lot of members r confused here about this tropic.
Its not my opinion, export got the prove and evidence.
Last week i been to one of the London based low farm called Westin and paid them 420 pound and consulted with them about same tropic. they told me yes and shown me about home office letter and it clearly said Yes.