ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment versus existing business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamanam

Investment versus existing business

Post by zamanam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks

Even if I pay for freehold property but if its going to previous owner it wont be counted?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job Creation.

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:59 pm

zamanam wrote:Thanks

Even if I pay for freehold property but if its going to previous owner it wont be counted?
Any money that eventually goes to the previous owner
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks for your reply.

Strange doesnt make sense!

Even if i buy a shop and start fresh money will go to previous owner, unless they are expecting us to find a piece of land and start fresh!! in that case for those who are new to country its not easy to get lease / loan / recommendations etc and anyways its time consuming!!

Someone with no business sense created these rules or aim is for these business to fail - simply they just need our money but dont want to give us visa.!!

Is franchising allowed even now in 2016? as I think now franchise fees and good will is not allowed?

Please let me know.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:13 pm

zamanam wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Strange doesnt make sense!

Even if i buy a shop and start fresh money will go to previous owner, unless they are expecting us to find a piece of land and start fresh!! in that case for those who are new to country its not easy to get lease / loan / recommendations etc and anyways its time consuming!!

Someone with no business sense created these rules or aim is for these business to fail - simply they just need our money but dont want to give us visa.!!

Is franchising allowed even now in 2016? as I think now franchise fees and good will is not allowed?

Please let me know.
It is not strange. Money must be invested in a business you own, so if you spend a money to purchase a business then you did not technically invest in your business and money never came in your business. You can purchase a business as you wish however you still need to invest min 50/200K in it after such a purchase is complete.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 am

tHanks but this mean instead of buying I lease a premises and pay rent that is a buisness expenditure but money going to landlord (previous owner) at market rent - it will be counted.

Thanks

A

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:28 am

zamanam wrote:tHanks but this mean instead of buying I lease a premises and pay rent that is a buisness expenditure but money going to landlord (previous owner) at market rent - it will be counted.

Thanks

A
Yes, renting allowed but purchasing a whole business from someone is not

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Perfect thanks :)

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 pm

You cannot buy an existing business where the money ultimately goes to the previous owner or buying existing assets..
cases has been refused before please be carefull as investing huge sum and then not getting results would hurt.
regards

zamanam

Re: Investment

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:46 am

HI

Recently I came across an opportunity where a bank is selling a non-trading freehold hotel which was closed few years ago and need refurbishment to open

If I buy this will this and do the needful refurbishment and start trading by hiring 5 staff – will both money to buy the freehold asset from bank and refurbishment money be counted towards investment? I know staff cost will be counted so no issues there.

Please rely.

Thanks

A

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 pm

zamanam wrote:HI

Recently I came across an opportunity where a bank is selling a non-trading freehold hotel which was closed few years ago and need refurbishment to open

If I buy this will this and do the needful refurbishment and start trading by hiring 5 staff – will both money to buy the freehold asset from bank and refurbishment money be counted towards investment? I know staff cost will be counted so no issues there.

Please rely.

Thanks

A
No. Money paid to buy a business does not count as investment. You need 200K on top of that in YOUR OWN BUSINESS to score points for investment

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks and not even the refurbishment money count toward investment, thanks

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm

zamanam wrote:HI

Please rely.

Thanks

A
Home office does not accept this as an investment for tier 1 entrepreneur category, I have had similar case where I bought the commercial lease and several items and home office didnot accept it. Start a company and open a business bank account and do transaction from there in order to score points for this.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks as i said it is closed hotel which bank is selling so they dont have any running business.

I already have my own company - my own bank and my own business - question was the cost which I will incur in refurbishment will be counted or not but you answer somehting else.

Its not leased! Which you're answering.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm

zamanam wrote:Thanks as i said it is closed hotel which bank is selling so they dont have any running business.

I already have my own company - my own bank and my own business - question was the cost which I will incur in refurbishment will be counted or not but you answer somehting else.

Its not leased! Which you're answering.
Refurbishment costs could be counted as investment given they are the expenses of your business (and work involves no residential property) but not the any of the purchase costs.

noajthan

Re: Investment versus existing business

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved this series of posts to its own thread (this one) as it has nothing to do with original topic (job creation).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks and can you please provide a link to this new thread as its not coming up in search! Thanks

A

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Sorry I didnt realise that this is actually a new thread! Thanks