ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rio29

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Rio29 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:10 am

is ok no worries re- apply again after a length of time

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:35 am

Hey, Can unpaid Water charge be a problem in Naturalisation application? I paid in full for last year and 25 euros for this year. I mean they can see that i am paying. Thanks

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am

i got my invitation letter today
Rio29 wrote:is ok no worries re- apply again after a length of time

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:45 am

Yipppiiii. I got my Invitation letter this morning. All set now. See you there guys.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 am

I just got my invitation letter!

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 am

jumanufer wrote:I just got my invitation letter!
jumanbilbilufer wrote:Yipppiiii. I got my Invitation letter this morning. All set now. See you there guys.

I'm excited to check the post now, what time does the ceremony start?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am

Stanic wrote:
jumanbilbilufer wrote:Yipppiiii. I got my Invitation letter this morning. All set now. See you there guys.

My check in is at 9:40 so maybe starts at 10 and by 11 is over (if same length as in April )

GlobalTrail30
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalTrail30 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Ceremony invitation received!! 9.20AM registration!! Finally its all official now! :D :D :D

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm

rgirish wrote:Hey, Can unpaid Water charge be a problem in Naturalisation application? I paid in full for last year and 25 euros for this year. I mean they can see that i am paying. Thanks
I don't think so, unless people are giving them those bills which might bring an idea to them to check with all applicants in future.
All i say to my friends Please give what is the requirement and if they wish to request further then provide them with requested documents. If you provide them more documents then your will be question more !
By the way one of my friend NON EU got his invitation to ceremony today he ranged me , his timeline is as follows (Based on EUspouse +two Irish born child)
Applied some time after St.Patricks days not sure the dates (i remember as i was helping him on his file)
second stage second week of May
Approval + 950 last week of first week of July

Can't believe it was not even 6 month got his approval.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:42 pm

GlobalTrail30 wrote:Ceremony invitation received!! 9.20AM registration!! Finally its all official now! :D :D :D
Congrats ! Finally its all over . I just applied i hope i be one of the lucky one's :-) after been here for almost 13 yrs , have 3 big boxes filled with documents just for this, never know what they ask !
Finger crossed , but i will be in the ceremony for my wife :-)
Good luck

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Isobrinho wrote:i got my invitation letter today
Rio29 wrote:is ok no worries re- apply again after a length of time

When did you apply?

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 pm

GlobalTrail30 wrote:Ceremony invitation received!! 9.20AM registration!! Finally its all official now! :D :D :D
When did you apply?

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 pm

jumanufer wrote:
Stanic wrote:

My check in is at 9:40 so maybe starts at 10 and by 11 is over (if same length as in April )
When did you guys apply?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Got my invitation letter this morning!!

Registration desk- 15
Time: 9:40am

See you all there guys!!! Finally!!!

zmac
Newly Registered

Post by zmac » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Guys, I'm in a similar situation too!!! Applied October 2014, received second stage letter by November 2014... and since then, none. nada. zilch. from them. Have emailed them for pretty much every three months for the whole of 2015 and this year and received the same reply: " Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister blah blah..." I even have renewed my GNIB since I applied and they haven't asked me to send that documentation out either (Should I send it anyway??) Granted, I am applying on the basis of Irish association (mother is naturalised) since my stamp 2's were not reckonable and have only had stamp 4 shortly before I applied, and was advised by their office to apply on that basis. I know that path takes time. I have been living here for 10 years now. Went to school, went to college. Hardly ever abroad. No record or anything. I can see from one or two user here I have encountered that it took them about 20 to 24 months. I don't know about mine. Staying positive still that I'd hear before September's ceremony.
GUYS!!! After approximately 21 months, I have received my Approval letter. I cannot believe it. Hopefully, I'l still be included in the September ceremony. My timeline is as follows: (I applied through Irish association to my my naturalised mother, I myself have lived here since 2006 but mostly Stamp 2 initially as I went to school.) Application date- October 2014, Second stage letter-November 2014.... waiting waiting... email...same reply..anxiety..depression...hopeful... July 2016- Approval letter. For those who are still waiting, please don't lose hope. It is hard to put your mind at ease, I know... but everything will fall into place. I myself am a pessimistic person, believe me, and I accept that life can be so unfair most of the time but so long as you stay patient, and not let yourself be consumed with hatred and anger, it will come. (Also, provided you abide by the law and stay away frm trouble, but you know that already ;-) ) Thank you to the people here who kept on encouraging those who are still waiting, especially those even after they got their citizenship. Good people are still around.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:52 pm

zmac wrote:
Guys, I'm in a similar situation too!!! Applied October 2014, received second stage letter by November 2014... and since then, none. nada. zilch. from them. Have emailed them for pretty much every three months for the whole of 2015 and this year and received the same reply: " Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister blah blah..." I even have renewed my GNIB since I applied and they haven't asked me to send that documentation out either (Should I send it anyway??) Granted, I am applying on the basis of Irish association (mother is naturalised) since my stamp 2's were not reckonable and have only had stamp 4 shortly before I applied, and was advised by their office to apply on that basis. I know that path takes time. I have been living here for 10 years now. Went to school, went to college. Hardly ever abroad. No record or anything. I can see from one or two user here I have encountered that it took them about 20 to 24 months. I don't know about mine. Staying positive still that I'd hear before September's ceremony.
GUYS!!! After approximately 21 months, I have received my Approval letter. I cannot believe it. Hopefully, I'l still be included in the September ceremony. My timeline is as follows: (I applied through Irish association to my my naturalised mother, I myself have lived here since 2006 but mostly Stamp 2 initially as I went to school.) Application date- October 2014, Second stage letter-November 2014.... waiting waiting... email...same reply..anxiety..depression...hopeful... July 2016- Approval letter. For those who are still waiting, please don't lose hope. It is hard to put your mind at ease, I know... but everything will fall into place. I myself am a pessimistic person, believe me, and I accept that life can be so unfair most of the time but so long as you stay patient, and not let yourself be consumed with hatred and anger, it will come. (Also, provided you abide by the law and stay away frm trouble, but you know that already ;-) ) Thank you to the people here who kept on encouraging those who are still waiting, especially those even after they got their citizenship. Good people are still around.
Zmac first of all Congrats for getting Approval , i am sure you will be on Septembers ceremony, I know how hard it is to wait and it can be stressful and no doubts about good people here to motivate.
My friend got the approval this week and he range to naturalization department he was told if he pays the 950 by next week he will be in the Septembers ceremony. i am sure you will be in the ceremony.
Pray for me ! i just applied last week after my wife got approval (EU citizen 5 yrs residence) early this month.
i have giving them all what it requires and i hope they will make my life easier and i am hoping to be in next ceremony (God knows when , as ceremonies are not as frequent as it use to be ).
Any way if you will be in September ceremony, will see you all :-)
Good luck to all those who are waiting

kristine015

Post by kristine015 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi everyone i got my invitation today yippeeeee!! Congrats to everyone else got approved and got invitations. I guess I will see yous at the ceremonial in Dublin! My registration is at 9.30am
So will have to book a hotel the night before as I am living in Northern Ireland.

Anyways this my time line. Applied through marriage. Although I have been residing in N.Ireland for 13 yrs.

9th November 2015 - Applied
10th December 2015 -Acknowledgement receipt and asking for documents proof of residency
18th January 2016 - Awknowledgement receipt of application - second stage.
21st June 2016 - Approval letter
22nd July 2016 - Invitation letter for September ceremony!!

I would like to thank everyone who helped me and answered my questions from previous posts! Thank you :)

socodub
Newly Registered

Post by socodub » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:52 am

Hello,

I've been following this board for a while now and have found it very helpful, thank you all. I recently got my approval and hope to receive my invitation to the September ceremony shortly.

Planning ahead, I have a question about the passport application. I know they take your existing foreign passport but does anybody know when they return it? If you go to the passport office, do they still take it?

My problem is that I need to travel to the UK almost immediately after the ceremony and I'm not certain how long I will be there (4-6 weeks possibly). Would it be 'bad' if I applied for my first passport from a passport office in the UK?

Thanks and congratulations to everybody who has been approved and invited to the ceremony.

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 am

hi everybody plz advise me anyone who have same similar timeline as me
apply for 16 sep
ist stage 25 sep
2nd stage 20 jan
then after that i emailed every time they ur application continue to processed while it is not possible to give extra time frame we contact u once decision been made .thats email i get since jan and last week my solicitor contact them they replied him my application is now latter stages of consideratio any body knows wat that means ????plz advise me

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:15 pm

mick2109 wrote:hi everybody plz advise me anyone who have same similar timeline as me
apply for 16 sep
ist stage 25 sep
2nd stage 20 jan
then after that i emailed every time they ur application continue to processed while it is not possible to give extra time frame we contact u once decision been made .thats email i get since jan and last week my solicitor contact them they replied him my application is now latter stages of consideratio any body knows wat that means ????plz advise me
Sorry to know that they are still delaying your case almost a year now, First of all it is my understanding (i could be wrong) when naturalization is applied through solicitor takes longer compare to applying individually. i know it is not easy sometime applying individually if Dept of Justice request more clarification or documents and the only reason i found is that , they check every single dots carefully when file is coming from solicitor to make sure they(dept of justice) don't make mistake as if they do then solicitor can fight back and also can end up in courts.
It is my recommendation to contact your local TD or Councillor and request them to follow up with the department IF you have no convictions or been undocumented in the state.
I wish and hope you get the approval for September's ceremony

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:25 pm

socodub wrote:Hello,

I've been following this board for a while now and have found it very helpful, thank you all. I recently got my approval and hope to receive my invitation to the September ceremony shortly.

Planning ahead, I have a question about the passport application. I know they take your existing foreign passport but does anybody know when they return it? If you go to the passport office, do they still take it?

My problem is that I need to travel to the UK almost immediately after the ceremony and I'm not certain how long I will be there (4-6 weeks possibly). Would it be 'bad' if I applied for my first passport from a passport office in the UK?

Thanks and congratulations to everybody who has been approved and invited to the ceremony.
Hi Scodub, You can apply from Passport section in Irish Embassy in London but make sure now there is a mandatory requirement of Public service card for those who are applying to get their first Irish passport (age over 18) https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Public- ... ravel.aspx
A friend had to travel to Morroco for 2 month after ceremony last year and he was able to made his passport from Embassy but he did explained that it took long time plus was not a easy task. May be UK is different
Why don't you just get all the requirement ready (application , Photos etc) as soon as you get your Certificate go to Garda station do the attestation and just drop it on the post ?
Or i would recommend contact the consular section in London to confirm and also email them to have a prove in case if they refuse so you have their answer in your email.

Best of Luck !

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
rgirish wrote:Hey, Can unpaid Water charge be a problem in Naturalisation application? I paid in full for last year and 25 euros for this year. I mean they can see that i am paying. Thanks
I don't think so, unless people are giving them those bills which might bring an idea to them to check with all applicants in future.
All i say to my friends Please give what is the requirement and if they wish to request further then provide them with requested documents. If you provide them more documents then your will be question more !
By the way one of my friend NON EU got his invitation to ceremony today he ranged me , his timeline is as follows (Based on EUspouse +two Irish born child)
Applied some time after St.Patricks days not sure the dates (i remember as i was helping him on his file)

Hi SouthDubliner,

Thanks for you answer. they check everything like revenue, traffic fines/tickets etc. Do they check water charges as well?

Thanks

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:13 pm

rgirish wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:

Hi SouthDubliner,

Thanks for you answer. they check everything like revenue, traffic fines/tickets etc. Do they check water charges as well?

Thanks
No , not at all for water charges, i know many who didn't paid a single penny but got approved. As i mentioned earlier if you provide them with those documents which are not required then you are basically giving them more to investigate about you and they will request this from everyone else so , some time we make our life difficult ourselves.
So always follow the form-8 provide them what is required and if they need additional documents they will request you.
one other important thing which i found is people don't care about filling things are not in orders as they should be. I made my wife's file with a covering letter explaining the order of the application and everything in proper order so they don't have to struggle to find out more about your application, not sure if this will impact the case but it is my believe that it does !
But they definitely check the Revenue (to see your financial health) , Garda including special branch (any offence ) Traffic offence for which you got penalty points and fines will not make any difference if you have paid them, but any other criminal offence will impact the application.

Regards

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 pm

I have seen some people who applied in Jan/16 and Feb/16 got their approval. Anyone who applied in March/16 got the approval yet? I wonder if everyone receives this 2nd stage letter because I have not received it.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 am

dad12345 wrote:I have seen some people who applied in Jan/16 and Feb/16 got their approval. Anyone who applied in March/16 got the approval yet? I wonder if everyone receives this 2nd stage letter because I have not received it.
Yes, my friend Applied some days after St Patricks days , got Approval (paid 950 paid last week)
that is quickest i know this year but last year there were many who got approvals in 3 months , The big problem is procedure is not that clear how they process each applicants and off course discretion power of minister is unclear (so if civil servant working on behalf of minister don't like your pic, may delay your case :-D lol) i am just presuming that.
my wife applied first week of feb 2016 second stage in April and approval first week of July , application based on 5 years residency (EU citizen)
i applied just last week based on 5 years residency EUFam (no acknowledgment yet).