ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax amend required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier1extend
India

Tax amend required?

Post by tier1extend » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:19 am

Hi,

I notice that i have tax overdue of 2£ in 2013-2014 Self assesment report. I shall be paying it along with my next tax return.
Do you think it would be an issue in ILR. Do i need to do an 'amendment' for that year ?

Casa

Re: Tax amend required?

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 am

Assuming you mean £2,000 yes it could seriously affect your ILR application. You should at the very least clear the overdue amount with HMRC and pay any penalty due, although this won't necessarily guarantee your ILR will be approved. You'll find many examples of ILR refusals on the forum due to the HO taking the view that tax irregularities were only addressed due to an impending ILR application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 pm

no i really meant Two GBP :) . I think its was a calculation mistake by my accountant.
still a concern for ILR ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Depends what sort of day the Case Worker is having. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.