ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Further Inquiries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

ILR - Further Inquiries

Post by mianzaidzubair » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi All,

I urgently need some help. I applied for ILR on the basis of 5 years Tier 1 at Croydon PEO on Saturday. I am director and shareholder of a limited company and my last extension was on the same basis. The company, documents, client, accountant were identical to what they were at the time of my extension. However, on this instance the case worker called to get me to fill in a self employment form. The form was essentially designed towards personal tax but my profits are retained in the business (allowed under the ukba rules) so I told her there was no personal tax liability. I have still filed my personal tax returned with HMRC though. On the company side my accountant's letter said that all the taxes for the company were up to date. She didn't seem convinced and said she will discuss it with her manager.

1.5 hours later she called me and gave me a letter stating that there are further inquiries that need to me made. Now the questions that I have are as follows:

1. I know a lot of people have had similar letters mostly due to HMRC issues. When that happens, does the letter says that they need to make inquiries with HMRC or is it left vague? I asked the question and she said it had to be sent to a different department but didnt tell me which department.

2. When I went for my Tier 1 extension the same thing happened to me. They gave me the same weird letter. But they called me two days later and my application was approved. At the time I was told that this was because they had to send my biotmetrics to the police. The issue with that was that I had a fight with somebody a few years ago and got a warning (not a criminal record) because of that. Can it be due to the same reason again? Another thing is that on the progress monitor I was stuck on the biometrics window for a very long time. The token numbers behind me had gone into consideration but I stayed there which wasnt happening with other people.

I am really anxious about all this so would really appreciate you input.

Thanks

kirankhalil75

Re: ILR - Further Inquiries

Post by kirankhalil75 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi

Did you file your self assessments on regular basis / yearly ?

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:05 pm

kirankhalil75 wrote:Hi

Yes, all the self assessment tax retruns are already up to date. They show no income as there are the profits are retained in the business.

Many thanks

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:07 am

they are taking very long now a days. i am still waiting about my application. i have submitted on 6th may @ croydon. Just handed me letter about further enquires. no news till yet.

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 am

smartofficer wrote:they are taking very long now a days. i am still waiting about my application. i have submitted on 6th may @ croydon. Just handed me letter about further enquires. no news till yet.
Could you please clarify, did you apply via the same day service? If you applied on 6th May. have they just sent you the letter about further inquiries? Or did they send you a letter asking for more information?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:10 am

mianzaidzubair wrote:

Yes, all the self assessment tax retruns are already up to date. They show no income as there are the profits are retained in the business.

Many thanks
How did you support yourself without drawing salary/dividend?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:15 am

Wanderer wrote:
mianzaidzubair wrote:

Many thanks
How did you support yourself without drawing salary/dividend?
I have savings.

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 am

Profits are retain in the company, understood, but where is your earning's ?

I mean if you have not taken any income from company ( dividend or Salary ), than how you are except to meet earning requirements ?

The Company profit is Company Profit, not yours.

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:29 am

screenprint wrote:Profits are retain in the company, understood, but where is your earning's ?

I mean if you have not taken any income from company ( dividend or Salary ), than how you are except to meet earning requirements ?

According to ukba rules, if you are the sole shareholder of the company you are allowed to retain after tax profits in the company. The accountant's letter needs to state that you are entitled to these profits but choose not to draw the money out of the business. I am 100% sure about this because my last tier 1 extension was done on the same basis. Also, my friend got his ILR last year on the same day following the same principal.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:05 pm

mianzaidzubair wrote:
screenprint wrote:Profits are retain in the company, understood, but where is your earning's ?

According to ukba rules, if you are the sole shareholder of the company you are allowed to retain after tax profits in the company. The accountant's letter needs to state that you are entitled to these profits but choose not to draw the money out of the business. I am 100% sure about this because my last tier 1 extension was done on the same basis. Also, my friend got his ILR last year on the same day following the same principal.
AIUI, the company has no obligation to pay it's directors or distribute profits (as dividends) should it so wish.

Would pay more CT though since salary can be offset against profit for tax purposes.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Wanderer wrote:
mianzaidzubair wrote:

AIUI, the company has no obligation to pay it's directors or distribute profits (as dividends) should it so wish.

Would pay more CT though since salary can be offset against profit for tax purposes.
Thay is partly correct. The director has the decision to declare dividends if the company can sustain it.

Agree regarding the salary/tax point.

That is not my query though. I am definitely sure this is allowed under the ukba rules.

Can somebody please respond to my actual query?

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:47 pm

mianzaidzubair wrote:
smartofficer wrote:they are taking very long now a days. i am still waiting about my application. i have submitted on 6th may @ croydon. Just handed me letter about further enquires. no news till yet.
Could you please clarify, did you apply via the same day service? If you applied on 6th May. have they just sent you the letter about further inquiries? Or did they send you a letter asking for more information?

Thanks

i applied via PCO Croydon same day services. After 4 hours they handed me and my partner letter of further enquiries. No documents asked till so ever. They just said we need further investigation on your case. when asked them how long, they said can be 1 day, 1 week and can be 6 months cannot say any time.
situation is tier 1, general. all taxes paid all class 2 NI paid, Employment + self employment.

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 pm

smartofficer wrote:
mianzaidzubair wrote:

Thanks

i applied via PCO Croydon same day services. After 4 hours they handed me and my partner letter of further enquiries. No documents asked till so ever. They just said we need further investigation on your case. when asked them how long, they said can be 1 day, 1 week and can be 6 months cannot say any time.
situation is tier 1, general. all taxes paid all class 2 NI paid, Employment + self employment.
When did you apply? Thanks

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

already told u in previous post.

mianzaidzubair
Newly Registered

Post by mianzaidzubair » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:07 pm

smartofficer wrote:already told u in previous post.
Sorry didnt realise you were the same person.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:27 pm

hi all,
I got ILR approved today after 83 days. I applied for Same day application. At last big relief.
Does anyone know procedure to get refund of PEO services £ 500. As i was not given decision same day.
thank you All.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:34 pm

smartofficer wrote:hi all,
I got ILR approved today after 83 days. I applied for Same day application. At last big relief.
Does anyone know procedure to get refund of PEO services £ 500. As i was not given decision same day.
thank you All.
Was there a fire?

If just a deferred case then, unfortunately, no dice.
Your application may take longer than a day if extra checks are needed. If your application is delayed for other reasons, eg IT problems or a fire evacuation, you may be able to get a refund of the premium service fee
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... s/overview
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:49 pm

noajthan wrote:
smartofficer wrote:hi all,
thank you All.
Was there a fire?

If just a deferred case then, unfortunately, no dice.
Your application may take longer than a day if extra checks are needed. If your application is delayed for other reasons, eg IT problems or a fire evacuation, you may be able to get a refund of the premium service fee
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... s/overview
hahaha...No No there was not any fire.
but on 4th may there was major IT failure, which leads to many backlogs.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:06 pm

hi guys,
#I recieved letter from my MP which is dated 26 july, in which he mentioned he spoken to Home Office and could not see any reason to hold my file. He is expecting results very soon and let me know.

Now see guys. my ILR is granted on 27 july, so I believe its the effect of MP spoken to H.O.
hope that works with you guys as well.

Note *****:- Different situation can lead to different decisions.

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 am

Hello geeks
My partner is on Flr(m ) and we are blessed with baby. He got british and visa for india as i m on ILR. Now they are planning to visit home country. My questions is.
How long my wife can stay in india so that stay does not affect ILR and flr m rules.
Best Regards

smartofficer
Mood:
Wales

Post by smartofficer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 am

smartofficer wrote:Hello geeks
My partner is on Flr(m ) and we are blessed with baby. He got british and visa for india as i m on ILR. Now they are planning to visit home country. My questions is.
How long my wife can stay in india so that stay does not affect ILR and flr m rules.
Best Regards
Hello geeks i need help.in.this topic
I am confused. Some body says 90 days max out of country. Some says 180. Can u plz help me..

whicky
Newly Registered

Post by whicky » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi mianzaidzubair,

Congratulations on your AR success. The information provided by you is very helpful. I am planning to do AR myself and I have seen somebody's AR is been rejected. Can you please let me know what cautions need to be done to submit AR right?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:03 pm

whicky wrote:Hi mianzaidzubair,

Congratulations on your AR success. The information provided by you is very helpful. I am planning to do AR myself and I have seen somebody's AR is been rejected. Can you please let me know what cautions need to be done to submit AR right?

Thanks
Can you please stop tagging your question onto so many other members topic and continue in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.