ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jonncongo
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by jonncongo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 am

Hi all,
Can someone apply for ILR when the marriage has ended at the second stage of the 5 years route visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:03 am

jonncongo wrote:Hi all,
Can someone apply for ILR when the marriage has ended at the second stage of the 5 years route visa?
Depends, any domestic violence? Children?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jonncongo
Newly Registered

Post by jonncongo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 am

Hi Wanderer,
There are no children involved in the relationship but, there are series of domestic violence involved although, police was not involved because I was thinking things will get better but, they never happen. And I don't want to involve the police as her job will be at stake. Is it wise to contact the police about the abuse I am suffering? Thanks for your reply.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:37 am

Without evidence in a police and/or medical report a DV application won't stand.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jonncongo
Newly Registered

Post by jonncongo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks for your advise @Casa