ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few technical questions about AR/JR/Appeal rights

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

longhorn

Few technical questions about AR/JR/Appeal rights

Post by longhorn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 am

Hi,

I am asking this question out of curiosity and to learn more about the recent changes to immigration rules (especially Immigration Act 2016 which I believe is now in place). Could somebody who knows the technicalities answer the following questions which may be useful for many applicants?

1) Now that the Immigration Act 2016 is in place, if a refusal decision on your ILR/PBS application is made before your current visa expires e.g. valid PEO applications, do you get a Right to Administrative Review or an out-of-country right of appeal?

2) Similarly, If a refusal decision on your ILR/PBS application is made after your current permission to remain has expired e.g. postal applications, do you get a Right to Administrative Review or an out-of-country chance of appeal? This may really be important because in most cases, you can only apply for JR if no other option is available and if HO is now giving the right for an out-of-country appeal, people may not be able to go for a JR.

3) Are people applying for ILR (Long Residency) not getting a chance of in-country appeal anymore though the 10 year long-residency route usually engages Private Life (Article Eight) and Human Rights claims?

wahabishtiaq

Re: Few technical questions about AR/JR/Appeal rights

Post by wahabishtiaq » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi,

I had same confusion and after reading the IA 2016 in detail and i interpret that right of appeal section is updated only for HR appeals where first tribunal has refused the claim. It also has extensions to stop illegal people from working in UK and driving etc, also people with primal criminal records to send them to their country and continue to appeal from home country.

I believe and correct me if i am wrong the remaining appeal process remains same i.e general refusals until it is refused on HR grounds.

I am sure seniors can add more to this, yet i am still not sure if you get 10yr LR application made after your current leave expires within 28 days of overstay you get the right of appeal or not? please advise and share your knowledge.

Many Thanks