ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working period or Payslip dates to be mentioned in form?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jan39

Working period or Payslip dates to be mentioned in form?

Post by jan39 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:37 am

Hi,
My question is regarding the payslip date and actual working period dates, they are different, shall I mention the earning period dates from payslip or the actual period in which the job was carried out? For example I get salary+payslip on 11 of June for the period/work done in 1-May to 28 May, to cover this earnings period when filling in the form what starting date needs to be mentioned for earning periods? Will it be 1 May or 1 June? ?
If it's 1 May then how to include the last month earnings of 12 months period (let's say 1 May 2015-30April 2016)? For the last month April the payslip will be generated and salary will come in Bank in May.
Or a cover note will be enough to explain the situation to the cw.

Any suggestions and corrections will be appreciated.
Thank you

arunsk

Re: Working period or Payslip dates to be mentioned in form?

Post by arunsk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Are you working as a contractor?
Afaik, it is not an issue, payment date can be later than the actual working period and it is quite common in case of contractors where depending on timesheet filing and approval, payment may happen at a later date.

Eg When the money is transferred to your account on 11th June, what does it say in the transaction description, May salary? or something like that? then that clarifies things.
You mentioned 1st May to 28th May, what about 29th-31st May? do you actually mean till end of May?

For the earnings period, 1st May 2015 to 30th April 2016, you could provide bank statements from May 2015 to May 2016 and add a note in cover letter.

jan39

Re: Working period or Payslip dates to be mentioned in form?

Post by jan39 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:57 am

arunsk wrote:Are you working as a contractor?
Afaik, it is not an issue, payment date can be later than the actual working period and it is quite common in case of contractors where depending on timesheet filing and approval, payment may happen at a later date.

Eg When the money is transferred to your account on 11th June, what does it say in the transaction description, May salary? or something like that? then that clarifies things.
You mentioned 1st May to 28th May, what about 29th-31st May? do you actually mean till end of May?

For the earnings period, 1st May 2015 to 30th April 2016, you could provide bank statements from May 2015 to May 2016 and add a note in cover letter.
NO, I am employee in a company and getting monthly salary with usual/formal payslips, but the payslips get generated on a 4-weeks rota basis and we get the payslips with salary in bank after 2 weeks as I mentioned in the example.
I think it's working same way almost everywhere, you don't get paid next morning for a month ending last night.