ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help : Wanting to bring wife on family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anirbanjhuri
Newly Registered

Urgent Help : Wanting to bring wife on family visitor visa

Post by anirbanjhuri » Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I am on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa and currently in London since November 2011. My Visa is expiring on 27th June 2012. My company has already filed for extension (on 22nd May) to Home Office till July 31st 2014. As per current standards it seems that I would get my extension processed in 10-12 weeks (end July or early August).

In the meantime my wife and I are willing to spend the Olympics together, hence want to bring her on a Family Visitor Visa. I am planning to apply for the family visitor visa on 1st/2nd week of june. Let me know if I am eligible to apply and will I have the chance of favourable response, provided if all documents are in order?

I can also provide the PBS certificate issued by my company. Let me know urgent help needed...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm

It's fine to apply for a visit visa and you should do it sooner rather than later. She needs to show her strong ties to her homeland and and what might motivate her return after her visit. We don't know anything about you or her so can't comment on the possibility of a favourable outcome.

anirbanjhuri
Newly Registered

Post by anirbanjhuri » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

I am working at an MNC and earn more than 50 grands per year, but she is currently a student in India, any more background info needed... let me know?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 11:35 am

Lucapooka wrote:She needs to show her strong ties to her homeland and and what might motivate her return after her visit.
One requirement that is key for your wife, if she wishes to apply for a visitor visa.

See also Visitors Guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

anirbanjhuri
Newly Registered

Post by anirbanjhuri » Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 pm

will showing that she is in college and has 1 more year to complete...will that be fine.... as she doesn't has any property in her name??

help4uk
BANNED

Post by help4uk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 am

they will refuse the visa to ur wife as ur visa is near to expire if its renewed thats another story at this fact it will 80% refused on the bases that she will not return back after her visit as she cant prove enough to return back wait for your extension and call her on ur Dependant visa that will be more usefull sucess is rate is high and as u know family visitor have no full right to Appeal so think

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 am

help4uk wrote:they will refuse the visa to ur wife as ur visa is near to expire if its renewed thats another story at this fact it will 80% refused on the bases that she will not return back after her visit as she cant prove enough to return back wait for your extension and call her on ur Dependant visa that will be more usefull sucess is rate is high and as u know family visitor have no full right to Appeal so think
APL03 - Categories which have the full right of appeal
Appeals (APL)

This is internal guidance for use by entry clearance staff on the handling of appeals lodged outside the United Kingdom (UK). It is a live document under constant review and is for information only.

APL3.1 Which applications attract a full right of appeal?

Applications for the following attract a full right of appeal:

Family visitors;
Settlement and dependant categories (including PBS dependants). This applies to dependants where the main applicant has been issued entry clearance and is in the UK;
EEA family permits;
Overseas domestic workers.

anirbanjhuri
Newly Registered

Post by anirbanjhuri » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks BatleyKhan..... for the info, what's ur suggestion, should I apply or shouldn't I ....the only concern is if I wait for my Visa to come after stamping... it may take more than 10-12 weeks also given the olympics rush... and we may miss the olympics..... as well as her college vacation. Please let me know

thanks help4uk also...

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Seems very childish asking someone else to make a YES or NO decision for you.

If after reading replies to your post, you are unable to make a decision yourself, then I suggest you go and see an immigration advisor/solicitor.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Seems very childish asking someone else to make a YES or NO decision for you.
No its not being childish. There are thousand of people on this forum who have asked similar question from people with experience of have gone through similar procedure

If after reading replies to your post, you are unable to make a decision yourself, then I suggest you go and see an immigration advisor/solicitor
Why go see a solicitor and pay through the nose when you have experienced moderators/qualified ad visors/solicitors on this forum who can just as good/better advice for nothing.

As for what the original poster should do, that is is his own business,but if I was in a similar position I would apply for a visitors visa providing they can show good evidence that once visa has expired the applicant will go back to her own country

Family ties/land/property/savings/employment/studying at University etc are in my opinion good enough reasons for one to return back to their own country

anirbanjhuri
Newly Registered

Post by anirbanjhuri » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks everybody, I am going ahead with the application and will let you know whatever is the response.... and if need be, will again ask for advice :)

Kanon
Newly Registered

Re: what was the result?

Post by Kanon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:30 am

anirbanjhuri wrote:Thanks everybody, I am going ahead with the application and will let you know whatever is the response.... and if need be, will again ask for advice :)
Hello Anirban Jhuri,
Just wanted to ask did you apply for your wife at the end ? What was the outcome? Thank you.

Casa

Re: what was the result?

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:42 am

Kanon wrote:
anirbanjhuri wrote:Thanks everybody, I am going ahead with the application and will let you know whatever is the response.... and if need be, will again ask for advice :)
Hello Anirban Jhuri,
Just wanted to ask did you apply for your wife at the end ? What was the outcome? Thank you.
This thread is over 4 years old! anirbanjhuri only posted 5 times and hasn't visited the forum since June 2012.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.