ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Help - Various Questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MSKF

Student Visa Help - Various Questions

Post by MSKF » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:30 am

Hello,

I got my CAS and noticed that instead of them saying that my IELTS and degree transcripts (from University of Hertfordshire) were used to assess my English, they said that "Higher Education Institution(HEI) sponsor has made assessment". In the "documents used to prove qualifications" section, they only mentioned my degree transcript from Hertfordshire.

Does this mean that I don't have to provide my IELTS certificate with my application? Also, is this the correct option for me to tick in the form:

MSKF

Can Fixed Deposits be used for maintenance?

Post by MSKF » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:52 am

I was wondering if it's possible to show Fixed Deposit as maintenance? I already have more than enough cash in my current account to cover a few thousand pounds more than my first year tuition + living. My parents gave me that money and they will be helping me out in the future too. I just don't want to be rejected because the visa officer cannot see money for the following years. If they allow me to show the fixed deposit receipts, I'll be able to show them my parent's money along with birth certificate and a letter of support from them.

Yes, these deposits can be withdrawn ANY MOMENT. It is possible to get a letter from the bank confirming that. I just don't want the visa officers to think that I might not be able to keep paying.

MSKF

Course details on CAS

Post by MSKF » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:12 am

I have talked to the university and they are saying that their system has some flaw due to which it repeats like this on the CAS:

There was also a typo which they corrected for me. As for the repeating bit "Doctor of Philosophy Doctor of Philosophy...", they told me that this only appears as doubles in the copy they issue. Home office receives the correct one without repetition. Should I just copy paste this from the CAS to the form including the repeat? Logic dictates not to do that but I'll be dealing with visa officers who might make a big deal out of this mismatch between the printed copy of CAS I'll provide and the application form.

The international student team only ever emails me back once a month. At that rate, it is impossible to get any help from them. I think I'm still waiting for responses to 2 of my previous emails from them. They always respond late and apologize.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student Visa Help - Various Questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 am

It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have regarding the same application. Your topics/posts have been merged.

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:25 am

Your university will have an international student adviser, or a team of them, whose job includes advising students on their Tier 4 application. Not the Admissions people who produced your CAS, but actual immigration advisers. Free one-to-one immigration advice is rare -- I strongly urge you to use it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks @ Mod for combining all the posts.

@sah

It takes a LONG time to get any kind of response back from the international students support team. I'm currently waiting for their response.

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 am

-DELETED- (Repost)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:25 am

MSKF wrote:It takes a LONG time to get any kind of response back from the international students support team. I'm currently waiting for their response.
I don't think you necessarily need one-to-one advice. Most of these issues would be covered in the written guidance or web pages the advisors produce for students.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MSKF

Bank statement: Showing transactions necessary?

Post by MSKF » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Hello,

I'm hearing from people that I MUST have transactions throughout the 28 days for UKVI to know the balance I had. The trouble is, I've had no transactions (except for this one interest sum earned by my money). However, on my statement, it states on top something like DATE FROM: 1/7/2016 to 10/8/2016. I have submitted a near identical statement in 2014 and they were absolutely fine with it.

Am I in trouble? I did not add to or take away from my balance in that time. Otherwise, that'd have reflected on the statement.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Bank statement: Showing transactions necessary?

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 am

MSKF wrote:I'm hearing from people that I MUST have transactions throughout the 28 days for UKVI to know the balance I had.
I don't know where these people are getting their information from, perhaps you can ask them. But the requirements for a bank statement are explained in paragraph 198i of the Tier 4 Policy Guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2016.pdf

It says nothing about transactions.

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 am

Just submitted my application and got interviewed. The questions asked were:

- My name/DOB/nationality
- Course details
- What I studied before this.
- What I plan on doing after this.
- Why this university
- Explaining my course a bit.
- Who is funding my studies
- what I did in the gap between now and previous studies.
- Who I know in the UK
(not complete list)

There is no excuse to not know any of the answers. The interviewer seemed really friendly.

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:43 am

UPDATE: Got the visa. Gave me one month visa to travel to the UK first. Once I do, I'll get the BRP which should have the full visa/permit to stay.