ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Express Entry - Please clear my confusion

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:

Express Entry - Please clear my confusion

Post by tulipz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi all,
My understanding of the process:

I need to take IELTS first and create a express entry profile. If I meet the eligibility criteria (67/100), I will be entered into a pool. I need to then keep applying for jobs in the jobs bank. Once I have a job offer, I will be "invited to apply". My application will be considered within 6 months.

1. Is my understanding of the process correct?

2. I entered my details into the eligibility calculator. Got 74 points. So, I will be entered into the pool once I create a profile. Correct? I tried the CRS tool, I am getting different points on different sites.
Background of the main applicant: 35 yrs, Married, Masters degree, 10+ yrs of work exp in a SkillA job, spouse has a bachelors degree and 10+yrs work ex in Skill A job. Both have no Canadian experience, assume both have 7+ IELTS score. Decent profiles right? Why are we getting only 340+ points? What the prob? I read on the website that invitations are being sent out for 470+ scores. Who gets 470+ out of max 500 ???
Can someone tell me if I am missing something?

3. Do I need to get a job offer to get invited? What happens after invitation - which employer will wait for 6 months???

Devil81
Mood:

Re: Express Entry - Please clear my confusion

Post by Devil81 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi tulipz,

I will try to answer your queries based on my capability and experience. I have already applied last month and I am into the pool competing with others. See my response below.

1. Is my understanding of the process correct?

You will need to take IELTS first and have a minimum band of 6 in all the modules (S, R, L & W) to be eligible to apply. The points scored in IELTS will need to be included when you create a profile.

Also the other thing which is missing here is you will need to have your qualifications assessed by one of the CIC designated organizations depending on your field of study (Bachelors/Masters) known as Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). ECA reference number from an ECA report will have to be included when you create a profile online. See link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ssment.asp

I had my done from WES, Canada. The whole process is very well explained on CIC website. Also look at the organization websites which will assess your qualifications.

The eligibility calculator is a general guide which will tell you if you are eligible for express entry but still you will not have disparity between points calculated on the online calculator and when you create a profile unless you have entered the wrong info. Don’t use any random sites online for points calculator except the one on CIC website.

You don’t need to have job offer or get invited to create a profile or be in the pool. But to be successful for ITA you will need to have a job offer or get an employment offer from Canadian employer. Having a job offer will increase your score in the pool and will in turn your chances of ITA.

Once you a create a profile online CIC website will ask you to register yourself with Canadian job bank where you enter your employment details (current/past) which can then be viewed by Canadian employer and CIC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Last edited by Devil81 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi tulipz,

You wrote "I read on the website that invitations are being sent out for 470+ scores. Who gets 470+ out of max 500" ???

Where did you read this? I have been through the website with a fine toothed comb. There is nothing on CIC website which tells you this.

I will be intrigued to know this if I am missing anything.

Thanks.

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:23 pm

You don’t need to have job offer or get invited to create a profile or be in the pool. But to be successful for ITA you will need to have a job offer or get an employment offer from Canadian employer. Having a job offer will increase your score in the pool and will in turn your chances of ITA.

Once you a create a profile online CIC website will ask you to register yourself with Canadian job bank where you enter your employment details (current/past) which can then be viewed by Canadian employer and CIC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Thank you.

Does this mean, I get a ITA only if i have a job offer? So, after I get into the pool, I need to start applying for jobs? My understanding is that it could take a few months for the PR to come through. and another few months for me to wind up everything and move. Why would employers even consider hiring someone in this position?

Does a job offer change everything? If my score is say 380 and I get a job offer, will i be ITA?

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Devil81 wrote:
Where did you read this? I have been through the website with a fine toothed comb. There is nothing on CIC website which tells you this.

I will be intrigued to know this if I am missing anything.

Thanks.
Here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-en ... rounds.asp

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:12 am

Hi tulipz,

I had a similar query few months ago before I made my application. See link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/canada ... 98098.html
Read points 1 and 2.

Now I’d put it this way, why would CIC issue an ITA to someone without a job offer. After all they would want someone who will try to help grow their economy.

A job offer would improve your score so I don’t a see a reason why CIC wouldn’t issue you an ITA as long as you are eligible with scores above the threshold.

Still, I would like to hear from someone who got an ITA issued without a job offer.

Thanks

amarumnik
Newly Registered

Post by amarumnik » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi,

Been reading your thread for some information.

Are we saying that its not mandatory to secure a job in the Job Bank to receive an ITA? Any idea how provinces chose their applicants? Is it only on the case of a Job from the Job Bank?