ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 E success

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wondering16
Newly Registered

Tier 1 E success

Post by wondering16 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Looking for urgent guidance on my Entrepreneur visa...
=================================================
Hi sankhlacad1,

Congratulations!

I'm looking to apply Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from India within a month or so. I've already gathered all the documents/ requirements etc and has been looking for good visa consultant. I've spoken to couple of so far but none of them seem to keen or showing good knowledge for UK business visa.

Would you mind sharing your experience with difficulties you had? Is there anything we need to take care about?

I'll start filling application from tomorrow. I don't have any problem showing fund or business documents as I'm already running good business here in India. Do we really need to get consultant or can I do it without any help? As I know sharing consultant/ agent details is not allowed here so won't ask for that.

Thanks in advance.

sankhlacad1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time

Post by sankhlacad1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Dear Wondering16,
Thanks a lot for your good wishes. You rightly mentioned that I cannot share solicitor name here.
In our case, we did not face any major problem. Some of the hi-lights are as follows:
1. We were two members in a team forming a new business. One of us had working experience in same business but none of us experienced doing own business. Both of us having MBA degree. One of partner had an year experience as a professor of IT.
2. One of us visited UK as a visitor looking for the opportunity and possibility of business etc.
Other was a student in uk having a vast knowledge of UK market.
3. We were confident but decided to hire a solicitor as we did not want to take any risk.
4. We prepared our business plan which was polished by solicitor's expert. I was pleased with the result of our business plan. Their another expert also managed a mock interview.
5.In India, we faced problem of opening a joint account. None of bank was happy to open a joint account for two partners who are from different towns of India and not related to each other however we managed successfully.
6 other problem we faced was, bank was not ready to write exact wording which was asked by solicitor. They were afraid to write but finally managed.
7 we filled in our application, solicitor checked them, we submitted. Make sure you submit from the country where you are making an application, I P address is being checked now.
8. Both were called for interview, simple questions asked. All of them from business plan other than how you both know each other.
I will add some more tomorrow, keep an eye on the page. Feel free to ask more questions.
Happy preparation!

noajthan

Re: Tier 1 E success

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses in a 'timeline' thread, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

wondering16
Newly Registered

Post by wondering16 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 am

Many thanks sankhlacad1 for your prompt response and sharing your experience! Much appreciated!

Thanks noajthan for creating a new thread.

I've also visited UK twice in last couple of years and it's one of the reasons why I'm considering UK as my next destination. My cousin is living there for few years and works in IT so getting help from there is not a problem. I'm thinking to prepare visa file myself and then get a reputed visa consultant to get it verified, to make amendments and final checks. I've already have couple of business plans to go through to prepare mine.

One of the question I have is how long I can stay in India after getting visa? Is there any time limit within which I have to fly. This is just to make sure that I get enough time to sort out my ongoing business /handover to other family members before moving to UK.

I'm sure this forum will provide enough clues/ directions to get application started.

Thanks again,

wondering16
Newly Registered

Post by wondering16 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:06 am

Thought to let you know why I would prefer to prepare file myself first.

As per my experience with last couple of solicitors/ agents..I believe I can do better for myself than solicitors. Obiviously I'll ask/ consult them as they have experties n experience but first I'll prepare everything as much as I can, so I can make sensible decision whether to follow their advice or not! :)

sankhlacad1
Newly Registered

Post by sankhlacad1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:01 pm

wondering16 wrote:Many thanks sankhlacad1 for your prompt response and sharing your experience! Much appreciated!

Thanks noajthan for creating a new thread.

I've also visited UK twice in last couple of years and it's one of the reasons why I'm considering UK as my next destination. My cousin is living there for few years and works in IT so getting help from there is not a problem. I'm thinking to prepare visa file myself and then get a reputed visa consultant to get it verified, to make amendments and final checks. I've already have couple of business plans to go through to prepare mine.

One of the question I have is how long I can stay in India after getting visa? Is there any time limit within which I have to fly. This is just to make sure that I get enough time to sort out my ongoing business /handover to other family members before moving to UK.

I'm sure this forum will provide enough clues/ directions to get application started.

Thanks again,
Hi
This is a very good question indeed. Everyone knows that initially get 3 year 4 months visa but very few people know that system is charged. You will be awarded 30 days temporary visa and you have to travel within 30 days. Out of 30 days about 2-3 days you will lose between visa stamped and the day you received. Once you reach UK, you will collect your biometric card showing your full length period of visa. This is to be collected from designated post office near your upcoming UK business address you mentioned in your application. This card also to be collected from post office within 10 days after you arrived in UK otherwise you will need to pay financial penalties. If you do not travel within visa validity period your visa expires however you have right to ask for another visa on your passport with the additional fee of 109£ or equivalent fee.
Another reason you should not delay your trip is,
After 5 years of visa you will apply for ILR and you can only apply a race of 28 days before you complete your 5 years, if you wasted say one-two months in india you may not qualify for ILR Therefore you may need another extention to complete 5 years.
Thanks for your question.

wondering16
Newly Registered

Post by wondering16 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:25 am

Many thanks sankhlacad1, that's really useful information. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

Post by 9elizabeth » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Can I add something here:
The visa allows you to stay out of UK for 160 days in a year (as long as it is for business purpose). Once you get visa, come to UK and collect your biometeric card and go back. Come back again to UK within 3 months period and then you can go back again to India. Just do not delay it for too long and you should be o.k.

I have done the same.

wondering16
Newly Registered

Post by wondering16 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:31 am

Many thanks to all for your replies. I managed to get a solicitor/ visa agent for my application. Although I still have couple of questions...

I'm running construction business in India. I was thinking to buy a food franchise when I reach UK and thought to prepare a business plan for restaurant business. But my agent suggested that it's better to prepare a plan for a grocessry shop as I don't have previous experience of running restaurant in India. What would be better? Is it good idea? Any advice?

I'm also thinking to buy a home just before I go there so I don't have to worry about paying rents etc..

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:15 pm

wondering16 wrote:Many thanks to all for your replies. I managed to get a solicitor/ visa agent for my application. Although I still have couple of questions...

I'm running construction business in India. I was thinking to buy a food franchise when I reach UK and thought to prepare a business plan for restaurant business. But my agent suggested that it's better to prepare a plan for a grocessry shop as I don't have previous experience of running restaurant in India. What would be better? Is it good idea? Any advice?

I'm also thinking to buy a home just before I go there so I don't have to worry about paying rents etc..
Such questions would be more appropriate in Settling In forum (if anywhere) as they are not immigration-related and THE main thrust of the Board is immigration matters not small business consultancy.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:47 pm

@vishus06, no emails in public posts.

This policy is to protect all members from spammers and scammers.

Post in public so all may benefit.

vishus06
Newly Registered

Post by vishus06 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Dear sankhlacad1,

Congrats on your Tier 1 entrepreneur visa. Could you please tell me name of your lawyer so that I can also use his services for my visa application?

Kind Regards

Vishal

noajthan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:14 pm

sankhlacad1 wrote:...

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. You rightly mentioned that I cannot share solicitor name here.

wondering16
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 E refused

Post by wondering16 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks for your help answering my questions.

Unfortunately my tier-1 enterprenure visa application was refused. I went for admin review but it was refused as well. By the way I used visa agent whom I've already paid half of the money - he wasn't cheap. But i wasn't told that if I get an interview then most of the questions will be asked on business n business plan. He said most probably i won't get an interview.

The refusal points were -
My business experience is in different industries than what my business will be in UK. Also they said few things in my business plan was copied from online resources.

I met points requirements, no issues with fund or english requirements or anything. Average business plan and average interview caused rejection.
-------------------------------------------------

Now I'm preparing to make fresh application. I'll be making a new business plan with same field/area of business. And i'll prepare well for interview as well.

Now the questions are----
- Can i open up/register a new company in UK while I'm here in India and show that in my application
- Can start process to take over other business using my new company in UK?

Any other ideas/ advise please?

Thanks in advance,