ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old passport history

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bibra2347
Newly Registered

Old passport history

Post by Bibra2347 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi there
I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and just submitted my documentation for the Tier 4 visa general.

I am to be attending the Imperial College of London for my MSc and starting July 2016 they have a new pilot program for its students so that we do not need to submit financial or academic documentation for the application.

I realized though after I submitted it that I was supposed to (not sure really?) submit my previous passports from the past 10 years. I had claimed on my application all these previous passports with the passport numbers and issuing authorities- so all my passport information is there. Unfortunately I did not realize I was to also submit those passports as supporting documents.

When I went back the office said since I already did my biometrics I couldn't take back my application. I would have to withdraw and reapply all over again and pay the visa fee again.

I am now not sure what is the best course of action. I know I am a low risk individual due to this pilot but I am very nervous that my application will be refused.

I did submit my current Canadian passport though which is good. But a lot of the travel I have done in the past few years have been on my other older passports as well.

I could resubmit my application and then repay my visa charge but I am not sure if this means I would need a new CAS number? I literally just submitted this application today.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thank you!