ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type-C visa for Family of EU citizen timescale & documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobthemoggie

Type-C visa for Family of EU citizen timescale & documents

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi All

I would like to find out -
A) is there any thread for tracking waiting times for Type-C Single Entry visa for Immediate non-EEA family members of EU/Swiss citizens.

B) What documents you need to supply:
1: If you're planning to travel together (accompanying EU Citizen)
2: If EU citizen is going to moving-in first & start working (& then non-EU family members going to join)

There are list of recommended documents available on INIS website but its very vague/broad & I am trying to find out any sample.

Kindly advise

Cheers

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Type-C visa for Family of EU citizen timescale & documen

Post by jul1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:57 pm

at the moment they practically stopped processing this type of visa in Ireland, to be exact from June 2015 people are still waiting for the visa that is 14 months delay and growing...
End of August they say there will be a decision in court relating to this but im not sure things will change too much.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks for your response.

but their website says-
"Applications from ‘qualifying family members’ (see para. 3 above for list of ‘qualifying family members’) are processed on an accelerated basis. While every effort is made to process these applications within a reasonable time frame, processing times will vary, having regard to the volume of applications, their complexity and the resources available. "
Isn't that the case?

Kindly throw some light.

Thanks

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 pm

jul1 wrote:at the moment they practically stopped processing this type of visa in Ireland, to be exact from June 2015 people are still waiting for the visa that is 14 months delay and growing...
End of August they say there will be a decision in court relating to this but im not sure things will change too much.

but their website says-
"Applications from ‘qualifying family members’ (see para. 3 above for list of ‘qualifying family members’) are processed on an accelerated basis. While every effort is made to process these applications within a reasonable time frame, processing times will vary, having regard to the volume of applications, their complexity and the resources available. "
Isn't that the case?

Kindly throw some light.

Thanks

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:33 pm

Bobthemoggie wrote:
jul1 wrote:at the moment they practically stopped processing this type of visa in Ireland, to be exact from June 2015 people are still waiting for the visa that is 14 months delay and growing...

but their website says-
Isn't that the case?

Kindly throw some light.

Thanks

+
Also, in that case, do they recognise family of EU-citizen residence permit issued by Schengen countries (like - Italy) or EEA Schengen country like- Switzerland.?
And does Switzerland issues any such residence card for EU-citizen's family member ?

Kindly throw some light.

Cheers

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Eire visa processing is suffering major delays regardless of the ideal world processing time.

So where are you and any sponsor now, Italy or Switzerland?

Eire recognises Article 10 cards.
And do you have such a RC?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

umer81
Newly Registered

Post by umer81 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:41 am

Is it delay only in Ireland?

What about embassies around the world? I heard in Pakistan/India it is over a year waiting time to get Eu family member visa?

Anyone knows any waiting time in London embassy of ireland?

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:55 am

noajthan wrote:Eire visa processing is suffering major delays regardless of the ideal world processing time.

So where are you and any sponsor now, Italy or Switzerland?

Eire recognises Article 10 cards.
And do you have such a RC?

Sponser - in UK
Family member- currently in non-EEA/EU country

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Bobthemoggie wrote:Thanks for your response.

Sponser - in UK
So you cannot be applying for a RC yet then.
Do you mean an Irish entry visa?
(Or a UK FP - to enter FP?)

Significant delays have been reported from various points of application for Irish visas.
Some members have given up and gone to different memberstates instead.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:40 pm

noajthan wrote:
Bobthemoggie wrote:Thanks for your response.

Sponser - in UK
So you cannot be applying for a RC yet then.
Do you mean an Irish entry visa?
(Or a UK FP - to enter FP?)

Significant delays have been reported from various points of application for Irish visas.
Some members have given up and gone to different memberstates instead.
Yes. I am referring to Initial Entry clearance visa to Ireland from non-EU country.
[For Immediate family member of EU national]

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 am

Bobthemoggie wrote:Yes. I am referring to Initial Entry clearance visa to Ireland from non-EU country.
Understood. Its just a case of waiting in line then.
Apply from where you reside,

That is unless you are in (or can get to) Europe and want to go commando:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/

Good luck.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:02 pm

noajthan wrote:
Bobthemoggie wrote:Yes. I am referring to Initial Entry clearance visa to Ireland from non-EU country.
Understood. Its just a case of waiting in line then.
Apply from where you reside,

That is unless you are in (or can get to) Europe and want to go commando:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/

Good luck.
Thanks for the response.

Still I have couple of more doubts.
a) If UK issues BIVS visa for standard family visit visa if family members are from qualifying country for it?
b) Does Ireland keep hold of the passports for entire duration (6-10 months waiting time ) of their Type-C EU family member visa proceesing timeline?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Bobthemoggie wrote:Thanks for the response.

Still I have couple of more doubts.
a) If UK issues BIVS visa for standard family visit visa if family members are from qualifying country for it?
b) Does Ireland keep hold of the passports for entire duration (6-10 months waiting time ) of their Type-C EU family member visa proceesing timeline?

Thanks
a) What is BIVS?

b) Don't know.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:42 pm

lets see if there is gonna be a court decision till end of august about EUTR visas...but i think it wont make the visa processing time any faster. There will be some answers though, they are against mostly the Surinder Singh way for british citizens or against Pakistani family members or they are against every non-EU family member in general. The UK answer as we know is against every one even EU citizens as they want to cut of freedom of movement even for them.
I wish they would cancel the common travel area and Ireland could be part of Schengen, though the chances are very slim for that.

There is only one legal way - which works for sure - around the visa requirement to Ireland, if the EU spouse goes to work to a EU country where he/she is not a citizen, get the spouse a Schengen visa, apply for the resident card under EU law, and right away they can come back together to Ireland, but that takes like 6-12 months, and of course finding a legal job and legal apartment in that country is one tough cookie.

HRH

Post by HRH » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:06 am

NOT EVEN WORTH THE WAIT!

Here is an example, Appalling pathetic & unprofessional customer service

I applied for my mum's visa on 07 Jan 2016. It is extremely frustrating as not only have they stopped taking phone calls , they don't even respond the emails.

Having lost all my patience, I asked them to withdraw the application & withdraw the passport. It has been thirteen days since they have received email requests & nearly 10 days since written signed request.

So I finally picked up the phone to the embassy & lost my cool, when I was told by the lady " We don't know whats happening with your application". When I questioned them about her irresponsible attitude & asserted that I need my mum' passport back as it's been a while since we requested the return of passport by email & courier ; she hung up.

Then I called them again to ask them to connect me to Ambassador's office, where this lady told me off for shouting at the staff & worst of all she had the audacity to say that she is not the one, who is holding on to the visa application & passport. After a bit of exchange, she showed some empathy & asked me to re-forward the email request to withdraw application.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi All,

On a positive note we applied for the C Visa single entry in April for my mother who received her visa in 7 days (processed in Irish embassy in Athens) (I was contacted by the embassy to be told the visa was approved)

I am only speculating here but my mother had a strong immigration history of previously getting visitor visas in the UK which may have contributed to her getting the visa this quick.
I also concentrated all my efforts in making sure my mother fulfilled all the visa requirements since the decision is heavily based upon her status rather than mine...Not to say my status isn't important so all the usual evidence was provided

Traveling with the EU citizen was not a requirement for the C-Visa however because my mother isn't a great fan of air traveling I picked her up as a personal choice

Good luck to you all

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:56 pm

jul1 wrote:lets see if there is gonna be a court decision till end of august about EUTR visas...but i think it wont make the visa processing time any faster. There will be some answers though, they are against mostly the Surinder Singh way for british citizens or against Pakistani family members or they are against every non-EU family member in general. The UK answer as we know is against every one even EU citizens as they want to cut of freedom of movement even for them.
I wish they would cancel the common travel area and Ireland could be part of Schengen, though the chances are very slim for that.

There is only one legal way - which works for sure - around the visa requirement to Ireland, if the EU spouse goes to work to a EU country where he/she is not a citizen, get the spouse a Schengen visa, apply for the resident card under EU law, and right away they can come back together to Ireland, but that takes like 6-12 months, and of course finding a legal job and legal apartment in that country is one tough cookie.
Hi Jul1,

How about Switzerland?
A) Does Switzerland provide any sort of Residence Permit card (similar to EU countries) for non-EU family members of EU citizens?
B) If Yes, is it accepted in other EU countries as valid Residence card at par with EU countries issued Residence card?

Please mention about the experience around Switzerland route.
Thanks

HRH

Post by HRH » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:Hi All,

On a positive note we applied for the C Visa single entry in April for my mother who received her visa in 7 days (processed in Irish embassy in Athens) (I was contacted by the embassy to be told the visa was approved)

I am only speculating here but my mother had a strong immigration history of previously getting visitor visas in the UK which may have contributed to her getting the visa this quick.
I also concentrated all my efforts in making sure my mother fulfilled all the visa requirements since the decision is heavily based upon her status rather than mine...Not to say my status isn't important so all the usual evidence was provided

Traveling with the EU citizen was not a requirement for the C-Visa however because my mother isn't a great fan of air traveling I picked her up as a personal choice

Good luck to you all

Thanks for sharing a positive experience, shpirtshqipe.
Even my mother has a strong immigration history of previously getting UK & Schengen visitor visas. Like yourself, I was also planning to travel with my mother. Perhaps you were lucky or the Irish Embassy staff in Greece are more sensible compared to their Indian counterparts.

Nevertheless, I am glad that you achieved what you wanted.. All the best.