ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question to those who have recevied their Extension Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

Question to those who have recevied their Extension Tier 1

Post by cappachino » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Hello
My question is for those who have received an extension to their visa without an interview.
Did any one show a loss?
Or am I correct to assume all who have received a visa without an interview are in profit.
Thanks

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: Question to those who have recevied their Extension Tier

Post by helpingperson » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 pm

Cappachino,

These are very important points that you have asked, let's see what response we get from those who got interview letters so far.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Its not a requirement that the business should be in profit or loss.
but according to my understanding its better for the company to be in profit because if the business is in loss which means all the invested funds has been used in revenue expenses such as wages rent bills etc but not in capital expenditure so if that is the case one should submit complete bank statment showing the invested funds from beginning untill they are all used up by the business in paying wages bills rents and stuff so that the loss which is shown in accounts reflect the bank statment.
if you submit accounts only with a few pages of bank statments how would HO know if you really spent all the money and of the business is in profit then it means business is making enough sales to cover revenue expenses which you see on profit and loss account and ur left with some profit then the invested funds could only be either used on capital expenditure if not then it shud stay in the bank at all times of the company which will be shown on the balance sheet as cash at bank.
regards

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Sorry
Zimba88 got extension with no profit.
My research and funding at this forum is that
Ukvi have not rejected any single entrepreneurs applicant after interview Invitation.
Calling for interviews is not alarming because they could not not found single mistake or issue at the applicant file that's why calling for interviews,
Manynuser have been refused by minor issue but have not called them from interviews.
My concern is that, that calling for interview is good thing to defend and secure one case.
Regards
Ik
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 am

Business2business wrote:Sorry
Ukvi have not rejected any single entrepreneurs applicant after interview Invitation.
Calling for interviews is not alarming because they could not not found single mistake or issue at the applicant file that's why calling for interviews,
Manynuser have been refused by minor issue but have not called them from interviews.
My concern is that, that calling for interview is good thing to defend and secure one case.
Regards
Ik
But are there any whose visa is approved after interview?

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:04 am

Why you say but
Are u facing any problem.
Search this forum

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:29 am

Business2business

Did you actually think about replying to Cappacino?

A futile comment which will result in important point being side-lined.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:53 am

Did you looked to to my post
orry
Regards
Ik

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:54 am

At the time of extension not only did I have no profit, I had no revenue (we are a technology company and were still in development phase). No interview

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:46 am

Dear Seasky,

Can you please list the documents you provide for extension ,

Best Regards

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:24 am

I am also intersted to know if any one extended their visa without actually "spending" all 200k, and just by transferring to business account and only part spending it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am

If you think a successful company must be in profit, you are effectively business illiterate.
Twitter, Facebook, .. many tech companies had losses of hundreds of millions before making any profits.

Most of interviews are happening because of the shear level of abuse on the route. We regularly see applicants here who failed to satisfy extension criteria, who failed to read the rules and the guide and send the required documents, who invested merely in property or assets or even worse, bought their business from someone else. This means that a lot of genuine entrepreneurs will be affected as HO tries to stop the abuse.

I say if you are called for an interview, it means that at least your documents and evidence are accepted otherwise they will not waste time on you and reject you swiftly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:49 am

I agree zimba88 as per research the average time for a business to start making a profit is 38 months. Obviously there are exceptions.
We do understand this as a business person.
What we are trying to establish is why are some called for an interview and some are not. What is the reason for the red flag ?
Being a genuine entrepreneur interview does not bother us but it's the delay in decision and unable to travel which is associated with the interview bothers us.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:43 am

We really have no access to the risk assessment practices of HO or how much allocated resources and man power they have at their disposal. My guess is that they are certainly acting more cautiously with visa applications and there is no question that they lack the needed resources to pull it off within the time frame they promise.
They are clearly not bothered that your life is being affected by this and as a governmental body, they really do not have too much to answer to anybody. The UK government is mirroring the populist anti-immigration sentiments in the UK, so we kinda have to expect the life to be much harder. :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 am

zimba88 wrote:We really have no access to the risk assessment practices of HO or how much allocated resources and man power they have at their disposal. My guess is that they are certainly acting more cautiously with visa applications and there is no question that they lack the needed resources to pull it off within the time frame they promise.
They are clearly not bothered that your life is being affected by this and as a governmental body, they really do not have too much to answer to anybody. The UK government is mirroring the populist anti-immigration sentiments in the UK, so we kinda have to expect the life to be much harder. :?
Well said Zimba88 I agree HO does lack the resources but with all the revenue generated from the visa fees I would think their services would be better.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Anyone else who got an extension without an interview and no profit?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:31 pm

zimba88 wrote:If you think a successful company must be in profit, you are effectively business illiterate.
Twitter, Facebook, .. many tech companies had losses of hundreds of millions before making any profits.

Most of interviews are happening because of the shear level of abuse on the route. We regularly see applicants here who failed to satisfy extension criteria, who failed to read the rules and the guide and send the required documents, who invested merely in property or assets or even worse, bought their business from someone else. This means that a lot of genuine entrepreneurs will be affected as HO tries to stop the abuse.

I say if you are called for an interview, it means that at least your documents and evidence are accepted otherwise they will not waste time on you and reject you swiftly
+1

So a call to interview may be more of a badge of honour and, at least, a partial endorsement.
It's hard to understand why any entrepreneur worth their minimum wage drawdown is loath to attend interview,
After all isn't presenting and 'selling' the business and its usp what entrepreneurship is all about.

However, if anyone reads recent Government reports on this visa route and its future they will see the writing is on the wall for all the jokers who have damaged the route for their fellow migrants and (genuine) T1 entrepreneurs.

The Government is not acting to provide a service in this context. Visa applicants are merely paying a contribution towards the cost of compliance and enforcement.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:30 pm

noajthan wrote:
zimba88 wrote:If you think a successful company must be in profit, you are effectively business illiterate.

+1

So a call to interview may be more of a badge of honour and, at least, a partial endorsement.
It's hard to understand why any entrepreneur worth their minimum wage drawdown is loath to attend interview,
After all isn't presenting and 'selling' the business and its usp what entrepreneurship is all about.

However, if anyone reads recent Government reports on this visa route and its future they will see the writing is on the wall for all the jokers who have damaged the route for their fellow migrants and (genuine) T1 entrepreneurs.

The Government is not acting to provide a service in this context. Visa applicants are merely paying a contribution towards the cost of compliance and enforcement.
As said before Its not the interview call that bothers an entrepreneur. Its the time that is added to the decision process.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:27 pm

cappachino wrote:As said before Its not the interview call that bothers an entrepreneur. Its the time that is added to the decision process.
That should be manageable. Its hardly an unknown factor for those who have done the groundwork and prepared adequately for this UK adventure.
After all, entrepreneurship is all about managing risk in a dynamic and challenging environment.

Don't forget you are on a visa route that has a history of abuse and is under close scrutiny; the T1 route itself is under review.
You are also dealing with government bureaucracy.
Noone is going to get waved through, rubber-stamped and welcomed with open arms.

Rk Sunil
Newly Registered

Post by Rk Sunil » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Please guys advise

I have Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant visa and my visa will expire 9 Feb 2017, apply for extension in January 2017 I want to know about maintain fund.
and which other documents is necessary related to extension time?

My Question is:
Q1. How much maintain fund require main applicant and which documents is necessary for extension (I was came in UK 22 Dec 2013) and my 5 dependent, came in UK end of March 2015? At the time of Extension my two dependents will be over 18 year then which visa will issue?

Q2.I came here in tier 1 entrepreneur migrant visa (team) it is necessary that we will apply joint application or separately which way is better for us whenever our business is combined and we both are partner in business.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Q1. How much maintain fund require main applicant and which documents is necessary for extension (I was came in UK 22 Dec 2013) and my 5 dependent, came in UK end of March 2015? At the time of Extension my two dependents will be over 18 year then which visa will issue?
Maybe you should start reading the Tier 1E guide to see what is required. :?
The maintenance funds for you is £945 plus £630 for EACH dependent. If your dependent is becoming 18 before the extension, he/she can still remain a PBS dependent of you for the purpose of extension.
Q2.I came here in tier 1 entrepreneur migrant visa (team) it is necessary that we will apply joint application or separately which way is better for us whenever our business is combined and we both are partner in business.
Your application will always be separate, however certain original documents/evidence can be shared. For the rest, provide a copy for each application

PUNJABIKING
Newly Registered

Post by PUNJABIKING » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:17 pm

hello
got a question for someone who called his wife from India on spouse visa. I need some help filling up the form. can some one be kind enough to answer few questions please ???

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:30 pm

PUNJABIKING wrote:hello
got a question for someone who called his wife from India on spouse visa. I need some help filling up the form. can some one be kind enough to answer few questions please ???
What is the connection with T1E extension ? (which is the topic of this topic in T1E forum)

PUNJABIKING
Newly Registered

Post by PUNJABIKING » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:30 am

Hello
Actually i alredy posted this question in dependent visa form filling couple of days before but no one replied.
Thats why i posted here with a question if some experienced person can reply. Thanx

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 am

PUNJABIKING wrote:Hello
Actually i alredy posted this question in dependent visa form filling couple of days before but no one replied.
Thats why i posted here with a question if some experienced person can reply. Thanx
Please continue in your other thread. Apart from confusing this one, there's no point in posting in a thread that has no relevance to your situation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.