ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Plan

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

Business Plan

Post by Ali272 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi,

I am on Graduate Entrepreneur visa and planning to switch in the next few weeks. I have invested my own £50k in full, as a share capital and have spent about £11k in the last 9 months.
My business is a subscription based business (Technology company) and we have been working on the website in the last few months and we currently have no revenue.
My only worry is my business plan. Can Home Office reject my application solely because of my business plan if everything else is fine (I have hired a solicitor too). I'm really confident in my business and I was interviewed by a former Goldman Sachs employee when I got sponsored but I'm just worried.

Thanks very much.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Business Plan

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 am

Well it depends on your business plan and the nature of your business. No one can tell you here what they might think about it :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks Zimba.

What do you mean by rejection based on nature of my business? How can they reject me based on that?
Have you heard of anyone getting rejected solely for their business plan and nothing else (In country applications only, especially for Tier 1 GE)?

Thank you so much.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 am

Ali272 wrote:Thanks Zimba.

What do you mean by rejection based on nature of my business? How can they reject me based on that?
Have you heard of anyone getting rejected solely for their business plan and nothing else (In country applications only, especially for Tier 1 GE)?

Thank you so much.
Yes there were rejections based on issues in the business plan. Your business proposal and plan will be looked in general and HO can question you on the credibility, feasibility and genuineness of your business venture.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks Zimba.

Two more questions please.

How many pages should a business plan be? I've seen some with over 100 pages and some as little as 8 pages. Does it really matter? I am looking at UK Gov website's examples for business plan, and they are usually pretty short. Mine is going to be pretty short.

Do I need to supply my insurance policy contracts for initial visa?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:27 pm

How many pages should a business plan be? I've seen some with over 100 pages and some as little as 8 pages. Does it really matter? I am looking at UK Gov website's examples for business plan, and they are usually pretty short. Mine is going to be pretty short.
It has to be as long as it covers your business plans I guess :roll:
Do I need to supply my insurance policy contracts for initial visa?
No, do you see any such requirement ??

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Thank you Zimba. I knew i don't need an insurance but just wanted to make sure. Thank you again.