ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investing 200K though Ltd Company

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

v3

Investing 200K though Ltd Company

Post by v3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Reading various posts

Situation
For my Brother in law and his business parnter I am planning to invest 200k from my UK ltd company (A) into a UK ltd company (B) business account where he is a director. Its a genuine business plan

My queries
1. I should show it as A is investing in B.. would showing as loan be advisable or investing and becoming a shareholder in his company
2. Company B was formed 4 months so I assume there is no time restriction ?
3. My brother in Law's business partner is in singapore and not director...how do I show he has access to company B's 200k amount
4. Also 200k is in Uk business account..so it should be fine ?

Thanks a lot for your time and answers in advance
cheers
v3

ukbusiness2016

Re: Investing 200K though Ltd Company

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:18 am

v3 wrote:Hi Reading various posts

Situation
For my Brother in law and his business parnter I am planning to invest 200k from my UK ltd company (A) into a UK ltd company (B) business account where he is a director. Its a genuine business plan

My queries
1. I should show it as A is investing in B.. would showing as loan be advisable or investing and becoming a shareholder in his company
2. Company B was formed 4 months so I assume there is no time restriction ?
3. My brother in Law's business partner is in singapore and not director...how do I show he has access to company B's 200k amount
4. Also 200k is in Uk business account..so it should be fine ?

Thanks a lot for your time and answers in advance
Could you please be more elaborate as to what relevance this has to a Tier 1 visa? Who is the applicant going to be? What is the purpose of the investment?

v3

Post by v3 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:55 am

Hi

This query is for Tier1 Entreprenuership visa

I am investing in brother in law's Ltd company to get him the Visa.. am already UK citizen :)
cheers
v3

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am

This situation is a bit complex as one partner is outside the UK and there is 3rd party investment involved. Transferring money to a business not gonna work as the partner is not a director. The money must be accessible to both individuals.
How much time does your brother-in-law has in the UK ? Can he wait for more than 90 days ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

v3

Post by v3 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Transferring money to a business not gonna work as the partner is not a director. The money must be accessible to both individuals.
My brother in law is in UK on tier 2 dependant and director of the company which has 200k that i put money from my company.. If i read the forum right it is safer to show the investment of 200k as director loan instead of showing it as investment. Is that true ?

About showing money accessible to both partners: One partner has 200k in his bank account and other partner who is in singapore can we do a notarised / legal document signed infront of lawyer ?

Am i complicating things here ? if so please suggest easier option

How much time does your brother-in-law has in the UK ? Can he wait for more than 90 days ?
Yep he can be in UK for more then 90 days.
cheers
v3

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm

My brother in law is in UK on tier 2 dependant and director of the company which has 200k that i put money from my company.. If i read the forum right it is safer to show the investment of 200k as director loan instead of showing it as investment. Is that true ?
There are two ways to get the initial points for the funds: You either show you have access to the funds personally OR you show you already invested it in a company you are a director of (e.g director's loan). The 2nd option is much more complicated as you need to show money came from director's bank account, submit Director's loan agreement, submit company accounts and current appointment reports, etc.
About showing money accessible to both partners: One partner has 200k in his bank account and other partner who is in singapore can we do a notarised / legal document signed infront of lawyer ?
Am i complicating things here ? if so please suggest easier option
The easiest option is that your brother-in-law keeps 200K in his personal account for at least 90 days. Then he prepares a 3rd party agreement for his partner in Singapore declaring that the 200K in his possession will also be available to his partner to invest in the UK too. This will enable his partner to apply for visa from outside.
More information on 3rd party funding can be found in the guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice