ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk tier 4 : effect of mistakes in prior applications

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukstudent9876
Newly Registered

Uk tier 4 : effect of mistakes in prior applications

Post by ukstudent9876 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:03 am

Hello all,

I was refused Tier 4 visa two years ago due to funds in bank statement having been under maintenance amount in 28 days prior to application. I was refused on those grounds.

Now I'm applying for a new Tier 4 visa. One problem: In the question that asks "Have you ever been issued visa for UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth country?", in the previous rejected application I ticked NO, as I had never been to UK or any British territory.

But I have been to South Africa, Canada and Bangladesh before and did get visas for them. These are all Commonwealth countries I've just realized. I did not leave these out though, in the same rejected application I gave full detail of all these travels when asked under Travel History, just not under this question.

Now in new application I have ticked YES & included details of visas for these 3 countries under "UK, UK Overseas or Commonwealth country" question. My question is: will ECO reject when he sees that it was no before but is yes now? I did not hide the fact that I traveled to South Africa, Canada or Bangladesh but ticked NO by not properly reading the quest, but stated all travels in subsequent question. Will it be seen as me having hid information, used deception or anything serious on those lines? Should I attach note explaining the mistake?

What do you all suggest?

Thank you all

vinny

Re: Uk tier 4 : effect of mistakes in prior applications

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:49 am

Attach a note explaining the mistake.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:29 pm

ukstudent9876 wrote:My question is: will ECO reject when he sees that it was no before but is yes now?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ukstudent9876
Newly Registered

Post by ukstudent9876 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:34 am

sah10406 wrote:
ukstudent9876 wrote:My question is: will ECO reject when he sees that it was no before but is yes now?
No.
If it won't bother the ECO, should I just not bring it up and it won't be an issue? Or would an explanatory note be required?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 am

ukstudent9876 wrote:If it won't bother the ECO, should I just not bring it up and it won't be an issue? Or would an explanatory note be required?
You are clearly concerned about it, so if adding a note puts your mind at rest, do that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ukstudent9876
Newly Registered

Post by ukstudent9876 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:47 pm

sah10406 wrote:
ukstudent9876 wrote:If it won't bother the ECO, should I just not bring it up and it won't be an issue? Or would an explanatory note be required?
You are clearly concerned about it, so if adding a note puts your mind at rest, do that.
Thank you for your advice. My main concern is that I might be overthinking this, but I do know that many other UK visa applications are refused for less. In your view, the ECO won't be bothered by this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:40 am

ukstudent9876 wrote:In your view, the ECO won't be bothered by this?
I have given my view. In your view, it is clearly a deal breaker, so why not add a short note explaining the discrepancy, if it will put your mind at rest?

The discrepancy in your previous application was presumably already obvious to the caseworker, based on evidence of your travel in the passports. There was clearly no intention to deceive.

On your final comment, it is a myth that applications are refused for petty or clerical reasons. People often bring refusals to me that they say were for a tiny error. When I look at the application and the refusal notice, it is never a tiny error!