ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MichaelTN

Sponsorship information

Post by MichaelTN » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Hello,

I have spent the past few days reading here and Googling my question, yet am unable to find any conclusive answer.

Can I sponsor someone for a general visitor visa, for around one to two weeks in the UK if they will be staying at a hotel in the area? I am just worried that sponsoring someone who will not be living with me is not

The specific scenario is;

I'd like to sponsor someone who is a family member to visit other family members here in the UK, along with general sight-seeing activities to do with her study, Architecture. They would prefer to stay at a hotel, they would be able to provide the booking confirmation e-mail.

They have University in their current country so they'd be able to show documents showing they are due to return on a certain date, dates they are going and proof they are on their final year of university, something I'm sure is proof that they will return to their original country as it is their final year.

They also have held a Schengen Visa, travelling to Spain and back and travelling to Czech Republic and back, so maybe this can show they've stuck to the agreement and always returned to their original country.

Sorry if this sounds all mumbled up, I can explain further or answer any questions that would help me get a definitive answer before making the application/sponsorship documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsorship information

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Please continue in your existing topic where you have already received advice.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1321921

See also multiple posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.