ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI decision letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alexandra99991
Newly Registered

UKVI decision letter

Post by Alexandra99991 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:31 pm

I got the UK visa. I'm going to studying in the university this year. I saw the list of documents I need. And there was UKVI decision letter. I think that I lost it. I try to ask people what is it and is it very important. Someone told me yesterday that it is my visa in passport and I needn't to worry. I have a visa. Is it a visa on my passport or smth else? And do I need it when I arrive in the UK if I haven't to go and get BRP (my university will give me).

Casa

Re: UKVI decision letter

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Alexandra99991 wrote:I got the UK visa. I'm going to studying in the university this year. I saw the list of documents I need. And there was UKVI decision letter. I think that I lost it. I try to ask people what is it and is it very important. Someone told me yesterday that it is my visa in passport and I needn't to worry. I have a visa. Is it a visa on my passport or smth else? And do I need it when I arrive in the UK if I haven't to go and get BRP (my university will give me).
Moved to the correct sub-forum, as not relevant to the EU referendum discussion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

keysersoze22

Re: UKVI decision letter

Post by keysersoze22 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:35 am

I had an assurance from UKVI that your decision letter is not a crucial document, and your University do not need to keep it on file. If you've declared your University as your Alternative Collection Point, then it'll be there to collect. I'd advise you to email your UKVI Compliance Unit at your University to ask if your BRP has arrived.